142 mile round trip... found 1 penny and 1 quarter.

Darktower007

Forum Supporter
This has got to be a record.

My spots and parks around me are drying up (or are not safe at all to hunt in) so searching for older parks I saw one from 1962 71 miles away. It was a dream I thought! Old trees, old run down ball court, old picnic tables!

Well me an a Buddy (gatordog) went today to it. We started out in the old football field and I did a sweep.. one can, 2 beaver tails.

Walking about 200 yards up the hill I was searching for coins and all I got was iron spits and Cherps from the nox. I kept meandering around and got a 22 and it was a memorial.

Toward the back some huge trees were present and I swept around them.. nothing. Looking on the picnic tables I saw a needle some junkies left.. so we said.. nope.. we left.

Heading back home we hit another really old park that was again new to me. Big old trees and horrific iron. Near a tree I got a quarter that was a fresh drop. An hour later? Nothing but huge bent nails, bottle tops, pull tabs and coke cans.

Wholly molly we were depressed!

Well, we had a good laugh about the worthless trip.. on to the next park!

Happy Hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than a day at work? I’d totally skip out of an area with needles not worth it for any coin. Better luck next time

Wow that's a really bad day, those places must get hit really hard! Would've liked to give you a big congratulations but can only give you a sad smiley instead:[emoji26]

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

That pretty much describes all public property hunts I’ve done in TN. This state has got to have more detectorists per capita than any other state. If it weren’t for door knocking I’d definitely quit detecting.

Last edited:
Any swimming holes nearby?

Thats a great point! Luckily in our Chosen Sport theres a multitude of Genres a guy can go after to keep hunting...No seasons, No limits....Heck, even if its slamming a fleet of totters, theres some skill involved and it will keep a guy interested until he once again trips across some old dirt...

Man that sucks! I’ve had some blow out days but that drive just doubled the pain. Hopefully you at least took the scenic route lol.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

I've had LOTS of those days. Mainly because I don't know where to go around my area. lol

Yep,drive a long way into the territory of someone else IN THAT AREA who is driving to YOUR AREA....I’ve learned that lesson so many times I can’t count,and it sucks the huge one every time. I’m not interested in “pulltabbing” for gold or jewelry,so it’s kind of confounding at times. Right now we have been on the rain train for going on 3 weeks and everything is flooded or straight mud soup. And of course,it’s so hot and humid at work during the week I haven’t got a pinch of energy left on Friday afternoon...we feel the pain DarkTower,we feel the pain!

Back
Top Bottom