CZ-21 Came Back Today!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I got my CZ-21 back from Fisher Labs today! I want to first start off by saying that I was thoroughly impressed with the packing job that they did shipping it back. Even more impressive was how much work they did on it for what I thought was a fair sum. I AM REALLY IMPRESSED BY FISHER LABS! They took good care of me, and other than the shaft that remained at home, the rest of the unit looks new. :thumbsup: Even though my last few hunts have been very productive, I guess hunting dry sand from now on will be by choice. ;)

I got my CZ-21 back from Fisher Labs today! I want to first start off by saying that I was thoroughly impressed with the packing job that they did shipping it back. Even more impressive was how much work they did on it for what I thought was a fair sum. I AM REALLY IMPRESSED BY FISHER LABS! They took good care of me, and other than the shaft that remained at home, the rest of the unit looks new. :thumbsup: Even though my last few hunts have been very productive, I guess hunting dry sand from now on will be by choice. ;)

Why only dry sand?

Just be careful when closing her up and you will be fine!

So... SOMEONE's got to ask; how much? And what did they do?

R5

Was it a Cz20 that you sent in coming back a cz21 ?
No Earl, I already went through that nightmare some years ago. I was not happy with them at that time but they did make amends afterwards on another repair. Those posts/threads are buried in the Forum somewhere.

So... SOMEONE's got to ask; how much? And what did they do? R5
I was charged $215 (including shipping). They put in new: coil, coil cable, coil cover, battery holder, gaskets, housing assembly, panel, 3 pots (electrical components that had gone bad?), and headphones w/cable.

Why only dry sand?
The CZ was in for repairs was using the Deleon.

Woo Hoo! Get it before the water dips into the mid 70's Felix:lol:
OH GOD YES!!! BRRRRRRR!!!!!! :cold1::cold::cold2: :laughing:

WOw great price!! Should serve you well for several years....

I enjoy my CZ-21 but I am wondering about the quality of their coils. I have had to send my machine in three times. ALL three times they have replaced the coil saying it was defective. I was only charged once.

I am at a complete LOSS as to why they keep saying the coils are bad.

Good job on getting it repaired. Boy I don't know if I could handle water that went down to 70 degrees. LOL

Not sure that your post would instil confidence in the CZ if you now are afraid to get it wet. Whats everyone always say..... oh you pay for it with just 2 gold rings? I say dunk and increase your chances of bringing home some of that Fl gold. Everyone talks about the crazy price Fisher charges for converting the 20 to a 21..... but they do give um back to you LIKE NEW. ML charges about the same price for just a coil change out..... and if you keep one long enough you ARE going to change that coil or headphones.

Dew

Not sure that your post would instil confidence in the CZ if you now are afraid to get it wet. Whats everyone always say..... oh you pay for it with just 2 gold rings? I say dunk and increase your chances of bringing home some of that Fl gold. Everyone talks about the crazy price Fisher charges for converting the 20 to a 21..... but they do give um back to you LIKE NEW. ML charges about the same price for just a coil change out..... and if you keep one long enough you ARE going to change that coil or headphones.
Dew
Oh no, I'm confident about getting it wet again as long as I'm careful with the battery replacement. I'm just not confident in my ability to be careful, ID-10-T User Error! :roll:

My cz20 coil went bad sent it in got a whole new make over to a 21 for about $300. They did the coil the body and headphones it all appears new except for the shaft.

Congrats on getting your machine back and sounds like they took good care of you for a very reasonable price! Look forward to your finds posts with this new machine! Happy hunting!

My cz20 coil went bad sent it in got a whole new make over to a 21 for about $300. They did the coil the body and headphones it all appears new except for the shaft.
That was VERY reasonable! When they did my makeover it was over $450 if I recall.

Felix I sent you a PM. Also considering a CZ21. Can't make my mind up over the 21 or the Ecal! But I stay confused!:lol:
PMed you back. I never considered the Excal. (The only other detector I considered was the Tiger Shark). I just liked the durability everybody kept mentioning with the CZ & the chest mounting for me is great.

Good to hear your CZ is back home. Sounds like Fisher did a good service at a
good price. Good luck and HH on your next wet hunt. Water here is down to a
frigid 65-69 degrees. :D But it's going down. Soon using 5MM suit and 3 MM
jacket. :D

Back
Top Bottom