knoxville tennessee??

Tri Cites here

I'm in Kingsport. Not exactly close enough to throw rocks, but much closer than Nashboro ! lol TnHunter is also here.

Easten TN is tough. Everyone keeps telling me there are a ton of hard core relic hunters here, and I have only met one who is semi-retired from swinging due to his wife requiring serious care. Havent found the club here either.

They must be hiding in the woods or refuse to introduce themselves unless you know the secret handshake ! :D

I pine for someone to share research. I'm too new in the area to know what's been found and what hasn't. Grinding through lots of material though.

If you ever head this way, let me know.

Chattanooga here. Maybe we could schedule a hunt with some acerage somewhere. I dont know where, but someone must have something.

I'm in. I'll help research, or do whatever it takes. Further, I will be more than happy to break in to my 401K for gas money !

While you are there getting the money from your 401k, could you get enough to cover the cost of some biscuits. :wow:

You are right on about gas, it has paused a few extra trips, but I cant just sit around and do nothing.

Theres a club in Jonesboro that meets second Monday of each month at the water park there.

It's a good group of folks. They do seeded hunts and the thing that I think is really nice is that you see a lot MD'ers working with kids.

If you want the presidents number, let me know and I'll PM it to you.

I would love to have a regular group get together with people from this board, but we are pretty spread out.

You will see a number of us trying to put some kind of hunt together if we can obtain permission from a place that will support a group.

I'm located in Crossville and have been looking around this area without to much luck. Have even taken advice of others on the forums and posted ads on www.golsn.com. That got a few hits for people into MD as a hobby and one hit for a place to detect. However without a club or organization behind me I just sound like some schmo that wants to dig up there yard....lol

I can't even get a straight answer as to where I can detect on public land without problems. Some people say county parks and school track and football field is fair game. Not even sure who to check with to verify this.

I'm located in Crossville and have been looking around this area without to much luck. Have even taken advice of others on the forums and posted ads on www.golsn.com. That got a few hits for people into MD as a hobby and one hit for a place to detect. However without a club or organization behind me I just sound like some schmo that wants to dig up there yard....lol

I can't even get a straight answer as to where I can detect on public land without problems. Some people say county parks and school track and football field is fair game. Not even sure who to check with to verify this.
See if your area has a Park and Rec website, usually the regulations are posted there. Most city parks and public schools are fine for detecting.

I have checked the parks and rec site...lol its a joke. The area I live in is kinda back woods and 3/4 of the citys web sire has been under construction for the past 2 years. I sent an email to the email address listed on the site for info but no response yet. Just a little leery to take a chance without knowing and end up in trouble.

I have checked the parks and rec site...lol its a joke. The area I live in is kinda back woods and 3/4 of the citys web sire has been under construction for the past 2 years. I sent an email to the email address listed on the site for info but no response yet. Just a little leery to take a chance without knowing and end up in trouble.
I've never heard of anyone actually getting "in trouble" for detecting a city park or school, the most they'd do is say to leave, but that's not too likely. If the site isn't registered as a National HIstorical site, I'd just do it--it's your park and school.

I'm in Farragut and would love to find some places close to go hunting.

Back
Top Bottom