Thoughts on older White's units?

FerrisBueller

Hey all,

I recently sold my F4 - just didn't like the machine, honestly, and after using it off and on for the past year, have decided to look for an older White's machine along the lines of an Eagle Spectrum, Silver Eagle, Quantum, or similar, as the prices those seem to sell for fit my budget. I like having the display, depth readout,VDI, etc, and the programs those offer, and an MXT , DFX, XLT simply isn't in the budget. As I coinshoot better than half the time I'm out, but do relic hunt any chance I get, does anyone have any thoughts, comments, suggestions regarding the purchase or use of one of these machines? I've never owned a White's - used almost everything else, but I'm looking for something I won't outgrow easily (I used a GTA 1000 for years, and a Tesoro Bandido II uMax, so I'm not a noob at this, so to speak). Any help, comments, and suggestions are much appreciated.

You would be better off trying the M6 as mentioned earlier or the new prizm series. I myself recently graduated from a tesoro bandido 2 umax and a silver sabre umax to a garrett ace 250 and Im glad I did. I dont know much about the F4 except many believe the fisher company and product line went down the toilet when they sold out to first texas which makes bounty hunter. If I didnt get the ace 250 I would have went with a whites prizm.

A quick look on ebay and I see the White's Eagle Spectrum has gone for as little as $240. Even a few XLT's have sold in that range. If you are looking for a good used unit the Eagle Spectrum is a killer detector for that price.

I used the Eagle Spectrum for 18 years and can honestly say it can hunt with the best on the market today. Well, aside from the E-Trac and V3 that is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom