Savage family diggers.........

The Wolf

Elite Member
So I'm hanging out watching the tube and come across the newest edition of "Boom Baby" on spike. I guess the other one didn't do too well, so here's round 2 in the ring with Rick Savage. Haha.

Just finished the first episode. A Texas buckle and some random stuff sold for $4500.....right. One more episode to go. Wish me luck.

So I'm hanging out watching the tube and come across the newest edition of "Boom Baby" on spike. I guess the other one didn't do too well, so here's round 2 in the ring with Rick Savage. Haha.

Just finished the first episode. A Texas buckle and some random stuff sold for $4500.....right. One more episode to go. Wish me luck.

I believe they had to change the title because after it began airing the owner of American Digger magazine had some real issues with anyone thinking this idiot was in any way connected to that magazine especially because Savage did write some articles for it from time to time.

If you are a glutton for punishment you should check out another show called "Swamp Diggers" or something like that.
Using dynamite to extract objects from the muddy ground is one of their methods.

I happened to change channels to where they showed them using the Beachhunter id 300's. Guess mines been broke all this time since theirs sounds just like an ATpro on "Diggers".:laughing: I like how the boy is supposed to be a master machine operator. But the other son has to tell him when to close the jaws on a trackhoe:laughing:

I actually ended up watching 4 episodes last night. It took a few beers to get through them all. Every freaking episode involves one surprise, stellar find just when they're about to call it a day, heavy excavating equipment, and a huge payoff in the thousands.

I actually ended up watching 4 episodes last night. It took a few beers to get through them all. Every freaking episode involves one surprise, stellar find just when they're about to call it a day, heavy excavating equipment, and a huge payoff in the thousands.

Really inflated payoffs, too.
When they were in Detroit they dug a Vulcanizing tire tool that I think they said was worth hundreds and I believe they showed someone paying that high price for the thing.
The same tool on E-Bay was really about $20.

I can see nothing good or believable about this show at all.

Yesterday was the first time that I ever watched the show, a little bit on the outrageous side, but the cannon that they extracted from the lake was pretty cool.

Being a MDer I'd think that I'd have some morbid curiosity to watch an episode of this program, but from all the things I've read about it on this forum I find that I don't even the slightest desire to suffer through even one.....strange. :lol:

I'm not knocking the dudes at all. They're actually located right down the street from me. I'm entertained by any digging show, and I'm particularly entertained by this one. I like the cast, and this show would be ok if it wasn't for the 100% bogus dividends they claim to get for they're "finds".

I know a local dealer that was featured on one of the episodes, he said the finds, and payoff are totally rigged. After that episode aired, folks were calling him and wanting him to buy their relics for the same outrageous prices. :laughing:

"Hey I heard you were paying $6000 for rusty musket barrels", I'd like to sell mine. :lol:

I'm not knocking the dudes at all. They're actually located right down the street from me. I'm entertained by any digging show, and I'm particularly entertained by this one. I like the cast, and this show would be ok if it wasn't for the 100% bogus dividends they claim to get for they're "finds".

I know a local dealer that was featured on one of the episodes, he said the finds, and payoff are totally rigged. After that episode aired, folks were calling him and wanting him to buy their relics for the same outrageous prices. :laughing:

"Hey I heard you were paying $6000 for rusty musket barrels", I'd like to sell mine. :lol:

dang just when i thought i had unearthed all those treasures.rusty old wrenches for 100 bucks merry widows condom tins for 50 bucks.i was wanting to find the idiots paying those kind of prices.lol

I saw it was on and remembered hearing of it on here , so I put it on . I think I lasted about 45 - 60 seconds before realizing it was so phony and staged using the worst actors that I guess money could buy , so I turned it off before it made me sick .

but it is very good for metal detector sales.every idiot who watches is going to go out and buy a at pro and get rich. 6 to 8 months from now ebay will be flooded with metal detectors.

And I've been checking Ebay for any used AT Pro's :D Found one used only 3 hours, but the price is at about the same as the new ones. Waiting for a real bargain!!

but it is very good for metal detector sales.every idiot who watches is going to go out and buy a at pro and get rich. 6 to 8 months from now ebay will be flooded with metal detectors.

Really 6 to 8 months, i figured about 3 :lol: I wonder how the heavy equipment rentals are doing also. From what I've seen you need a backhoe whenever you are in an ARZ. :laughing:

American Savage uses Whites detectors. Diggers (which I like, except for comic mischief) uses the Garrett's detectors.

I'm already seeing ATPros all over the internet now. People really finding out the reality that you can't buy an overprice machine and go find a pot of gold everytime.

I was just wondering what was up with all the used AT Pros on the forums right now. Even the local Craigslist has a few. We may be on to something here....

Can't imagine anyone buying a metal detector, with dreams of digging up beer cans, pull tabs, and bottle caps. We do it for the good stuff, things that have value. the greater the value, the bigger the thrill. Unfortunately, those big thrills are elusive, but we dream, and fantasize, that next holes, is going to pay off big. We find old, unusual stuff, we get a little excited, because it might be rare and valuable (to someone), we post pictures, we search the internet, hoping to cash in. Think the shows, are more about the thoughts and dreams, most of us have had, at one point or another. The TV, just visualizes these, and are limited by reality. It's entertainment, a fantasy world on screen. Nothing wrong with inspiring people to give the hobby a try, but the do little gain acceptance from the general public, by showing ethics, or a responsible behavior. Only those of us who already hunt, can see the contrast, and the humor (entertainment value). Most people have no experience, to gauge just how exaggerated the shows really are, they just presume that with the right equipment, and experience, they'll be digging big treasure too.

news flash...the finds are bogus too...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=164182

It sure would be hard for most of us to make a living at metal detecting. I guess if you were retired & healthy enough you could sell your finds to supplement your income. Let's face it though the shows are supposed to be entertainment that's all. Its hard enough to dig value wise the amount of finds to pay your detectors off. Most of the time our hobbie is a money eating alligator. But I love the hobbie & that's what I like to do. HH.

Back
Top Bottom