• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spanish find.

Brian

Elite Member
While I was away we had several storms and one minny tornado. We do get them but very rare.
Rushed down the beach that had produced a few poor hammered silver thinking if its stripped someone is sure to have got there before me.
As it happened more sand had been piled on. The heavy rain had moved the stream and turned it into a river cutting down to the hard pack.
A few odd bits came up including a highly decorated bit of lead that looks like a sheet off a ornate box. Best find could indicate a Spanish wreck so I'll be back tomorrow whatever the weather.
I've 28 beaches within easy reach, all of which have had their share of shipwrecks....one has 180 recorded wrecks in its two mile length.

Attachments

• scan0013.jpg
    scan0013.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 265
Need help? :lol: I have often threatened to move to Florida just for that reason.

spittfire said:
Jason said:
Need help? :lol: I have often threatened to move to Florida just for that reason.
Isn't Brian in the UK?

I could have written that better, it was supposed to be two different statements. 1) to offer to come help him on the beaches, and 2) That I have always wanted to move to Florida so I could work some beaches myself. Sometimes I don't think before I type. :lol:

I should be on my way back now but its driving rain and my back is killing me from yesterday.
Only took my normal spade (T-shaped for digging deep on sand with the P.I.)
what I needed was my winkling spade with a point to allow stones to be levered up.
If/when you do get to Florida Jason thats where I've had the most Spanish coins. You should treat yourself to a winter break.

Sheeting rain. I came off the beach and had to empty the water out of each rubber boot.
I did manage to add a few to yesterdays five.
Have posted the few mystery items. A large coin shaped disc. Bit heavy for silver but to hard for lead.
Yesterdays lead sheet with nice flower patterns.
Brass buckle type thing.
A don't know but nice looking decoration that could be off anything. Furniture with handle in middle ?

Plus the exploded toy cannon that came off the land the other day. The more gunpowder you loaded the further it shot. Until the day it blew up.

Attachments

• scan0014.jpg
    scan0014.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 219
Wow Brian, those are fantastic digs. I wonder what that little item is on the right side above the row ov coins. The one on the left looks like a hair barret.

Think you mean the exploded cannon. I was going to re post the picture of the complete and much larger one I fould earlier this year but I've put it somewhere safe and thats fatal with me.
Was down the beach again at low tide before seven in the morning. Sand now feet deep and the stream has moved back to its normal channel. Not even anything at the top !

Back
Top Bottom