Posting youtube videos

Vlad

Owner/Administrator
Admin
The old way may no longer work after Monday night Nov 16, but here is a how to video on what works.

How to vid

You can also use the embed code from youtube just the same as in the above video.
Feel free to practice ;)

Any questions, just ask.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Not only are the youtube videos broke, but everyone of my photobucket videos I posted in the last 3 years is no longer working. What's up with this? I would kind of like an explanation Vlad. This change just trashed a lot of great post. What gives?

This is all that is left of my videos...

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid120.photobucket.com/albums/o187/CyberSageBH3300/SEFBarber.flv">

This would be a really good thing to fix since none of the members are allowed to edit past post in order to make them conform to whatever restrictions have messed up a lot of peoples contributions to the forum.

Thanks

Jack

upgrades of Vbulletin BB's sometimes have security issues with some of the code that used to be used so then when it no longer works it means that there might have been an exploit in the code allowing hackers to gain access through use of this code, also other sites also upgrade their systems and the code changes. It's just progress that sometimes "Sucks". I have had to rewrite code for over 20 websites, so that just one little simle thing would work due to a upgrade on one of my servers, it took me over a month to do this work. Talk about loosing money.

I member here sent me a pm warning about allowing html in the posts, he also runs a vbulletin and had some major problems.
He showed me a hack to install to be able to use youtube.

The old posts can be fixed if you can PM me the urls.
Believe me its not something I wanted to do just to make you or anyone else mad.

Again, my apologies.

And the hack is secure? Is the Youtube posting button using BB?

Yes as far as I know. If you put malicious code inside youtube tags its not going to work. Only youtube code will be executed.
And yes it uses bb code.

Back
Top Bottom