volumn control for whites M6

Personally, I would think getting a good set of headphones with volume controls would be better and cheaper than modifying the detector. :yes:

have tried that but after a couple of hours headphones become uncomfortable

Have you tried more than one set of phones? Headphones help you hear more signals, especially the deep ones. If you have a local dealer they can help you in choosing the best ones for you.

have tried that but after a couple of hours headphones become uncomfortable

Do you mean you don't wear headphones at all ?

They really are an essential piece of kit. I have various sets of headphones, some with cords, and a couple of cordless sets.

Backphones are one option. They go around the back of the head, and hook over the ears, rather than going over the head. They give good frequency response, and also let you hear what is going on around you.

Similar to these: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009WE3M...iveASIN=B00009WE3M&adid=0YCHKTS4S90KTQPHZX4Z&

I agree that sticking something over the speaker holes would be the simplest solution. Experimentation should be easy...go to a craft store and take a look at the "loop" part of a Velcro patch.

Regarding headphones...there are some really comfortable ones out there. I am very uncomfortable with the sets that sit on my ears, as opposed to those that cover my ears. Check out Killer B's website, they have models with leather cups that fully cover the ears. The owner is John Smith, and he's a great guy who can perhaps recommend something that'll satisfy your need.

(Besides, headphones increase your MD's battery life.)

That is also what I recommend, Killer Bee headphones and I use them myself. I will wear them for hours and never even think of them being on my ears and head. Also the SunRay Pro-Gold's will do the same because John Smith makes them for SunRay. Ok give me a call if I can help you get a set. Good hunting and take care.

John T.
John's Detectors

Back
Top Bottom