After my Belly Aching Yesterday...My FIRST DIME TRIFECTA First and Last Find!!

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So I am kind of embarrassed about my outburst yesterday about “WHERE IS ALL THE SILVER”??:roll:

I told myself...."I am sure that YOU Buellride, need to find a better location to hunt at!!!"

So, after my sacrifice to the Metal Detecting Gods last night (I slicked a few Zinc pennies:D).

I traveled to a new part of an old town that I have been hunting on the outskirts. I focused on an older home built in 1900, that happened to be For Sale as well. My plan was to hunt up and down the street until I at least found a few Wheaties and maybe a silver.

I got out of my truck, suited up, and (I know people say this all the time….but) my first target that chimed into my CTX’s headphones on the curbstrip was a solid 12-43 and out popped the Barber Dime (1909 no mint mark).:wow:

My second target was a nice old green Wheatie. I stayed on a 20 x 30 foot strip of the curbstrip bordering the side of the house for virtually the entire hunt. Found a bunch of old Wheaties and then decided to hit the curbstrip in front of the house.

After about 10 minutes there the 1954D Rosie popped up. Now I was getting excited for the potential for my FIRST TRIFECTA!

Well save for a few more Wheaties, not much else in that curbstrip so I hit the sidewalk “end cap” at the intersection. My second target rang up as a 12-43/44 and that was the Sterling Silver First Lieutenant bar (my first old rank stamped with Sterling…I have found others that were silver but no mark).

Getting desperate for my trifecta I went across the street to the adjacent curbstrip where I found the Barber and the 3rd target popped the 1942S Mercury Dime! It was the last target of the day.:shock::shock:

I had the giggles about finding what I did after I had been whining about others finding trifectas, but now I have my own!!!

The Wheatie total was 12, the most I have ever found on one hunt. Dates are 1910, 1913S, 1917S, 1929S, 1933S, 1940D, 1942, 1944, 1951S, 1953S, 1957S, 1958D. Total finds were $1.85, the silver bar, 2 Washington Tax Tokens (circa 1920s) and a gold gilded religious medallion.

Maybe I have finally found VIRGIN ground for the first time since living in Hawaii;).

Happy Hunting all....and again I apologize for my childish outburst yesterday and the length of this post:laughing::laughing:.

Attachments

• 1_13 Dime Trifecta Raw.jpg
    1_13 Dime Trifecta Raw.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 235
  • 1_13 Dime Trifecta Cleaned #2.jpg
    1_13 Dime Trifecta Cleaned #2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 1_13 Dime Trifecta Cleaned Reverse.jpg
    1_13 Dime Trifecta Cleaned Reverse.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 1_13 Total Finds.jpg
    1_13 Total Finds.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 197
Lol nothing for you to bellyache about brother!!! You have killed it lately!!! Congrats on the awesome trifecta!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: If I belly ache a little do you think that will get me back on some silver money??:?::?: I'm not above trying!!! :laughing:

Congrats! :woot: Amazing finds. :hi5:

Thank you Wolf!

Lol nothing for you to bellyache about brother!!! You have killed it lately!!! Congrats on the awesome trifecta!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing: If I belly ache a little do you think that will get me back on some silver money??:?::?: I'm not above trying!!! :laughing:

Yes, but you have to belly ache to your significant other as well....:laughing:

So crying and bellyaching works?
This friendly forum place has the best tips for finding the good stuff 👍

Dew, welcome for the helpful tips! Don't forget that you have to sacrifice something to the MD'ing gods before you can find your trifecta too....zinc pennies don't have any feelings so I didn't have any remorse in sacrificing them:lol::lol::lol:

Nice Trifecta there! Ground still frozen here, so I enjoy reading of all the finds, glad you were able to get back into some Shiny!

You do know how this works Paul. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The guy that yells the loudest gets the attention. anyway you get it right. Well today you got but good. I just want to know if this works for getting the weather to cooperate. Congrats my friend on you first Silver Dime trifecta and setting a Wheat Penny record. A great way to relax your frustrations. Trapper

Nice Trifecta there! Ground still frozen here, so I enjoy reading of all the finds, glad you were able to get back into some Shiny!

Thank you, thankfully the ground does not freeze very often.

Awesome finds! I need to remember the zinc sacrifice next time we go out, worked well today! 😁

Well will have a zinc massacre before our next hunt :laughing:

You do know how this works Paul. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. The guy that yells the loudest gets the attention. anyway you get it right. Well today you got but good. I just want to know if this works for getting the weather to cooperate. Congrats my friend on you first Silver Dime trifecta and setting a Wheat Penny record. A great way to relax your frustrations. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! It was probably my most enjoyable hunt in a very long time for various reasons I don't need to go into.

I bellyache to my wife all the time, don’t help lol. I’ll try the sacrifice... congrats

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Congrats on the trifecta and a great hunt. Nice bunch of wheaties as well. What no 09s or 43.lol. That 1909 Barber is beautiful. My first was a mint 1909 as well,(2016) dug 2 trifectas that day and haven't had one since. Good luck. HH Mark

I bellyache to my wife all the time, don’t help lol. I’ll try the sacrifice... congrats

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token
Good luck!
Very nice hunt and congrats on the trifecta!

Thank you Jam!

Congrats on the trifecta and a great hunt. Nice bunch of wheaties as well. What no 09s or 43.lol. That 1909 Barber is beautiful. My first was a mint 1909 as well,(2016) dug 2 trifectas that day and haven't had one since. Good luck. HH Mark

The number of Wheaties and silver "recoveries" make me think that this specific curbstrip was "virgin" ground. If one does the math, with 12 Wheaties and 3 silvers, the 4:1 ratio is about right for dropped coins in a given area. I am super happy with the end result and look forward to continuing to hit that general location, maybe a few permissions along the way.

HH

Back
Top Bottom