I Was Lucky That I Didn't Hit It

beephead

Elite Member
I went to a site that thought would be pretty good. I was finding copper pennies and clad coins but not a single wheat penny. That's not a good sign and I was thinking about leaving for greener pastures. I made another trip around the magnolia tree and got an audio response and VDI number that made me believe that it was going to be another copper penny but it turned out to be a sterling ring.

Wanting to find some silver coins I left there and I headed out to a site that I've detected before and found silver. I was working along a super steep bank and I got a nice high pitched audio and the VDI numbers said it was a silver quarter. It took me a while to find it because it was on edge. I really don't know how I missed that coin on previous hunts, but I sure did.

My next target sounded really loud and big, maybe a can lid. I raised my search coil 8 inches or more off the ground and I was still getting a loud audio response. I'm thinking junk target all the way. I put my Garrett pinpointer to the ground and got no response, maybe it's a half dollar I'm thinking. I dug down around 3 or 4 inches and hit a big root and the target was right under it so I dug down on one side of the root. Being very careful I reached under the root with my hand digger and popped out a big ole 1951 Frankin Half Dollar.

It started spitting rain, so I called it a day and head for home. It's supposed to rain all night and tomorrow, so I'll get to rest some.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0519.jpg
    IMG_0519.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0520.jpg
    IMG_0520.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 824
  • IMG_0522.jpg
    IMG_0522.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 796
  • IMG_0523.jpg
    IMG_0523.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 820
  • IMG_0524.jpg
    IMG_0524.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0526.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 758
  • IMG_0527.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 754
  • IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 780
Rest up Beep as you earned it. Congrats on the big Ben, the Silver GW and the Sterling Ring. Not a bad days work if you consider this work. Trapper

Congrats on the big ben...that's like finding three or four small silvers and more exciting!!:lol:

Nice work with the NOX there Brother Beep! From the great finds and the junk shot, looks like you are producing up to par!

I'm interested in what you think about this rig as compared to all the others you have run..is it a worthy tool that has any advantages as marketed?

Nice work with the NOX there Brother Beep! From the great finds and the junk shot, looks like you are producing up to par!

I'm interested in what you think about this rig as compared to all the others you have run..is it a worthy tool that has any advantages as marketed?

Thanks! I'm not sure how good the Nox is yet, because I find silver with every detector that I use. I can say for certain that it's super fun to use, except for the cheap cheezy wireless headphones that come with the Nox. Minelab dropped the ball on this one big time. Right now I wouldn't recommend this detector to anyone who lives near me until I can do further testing. lol

beephead

Thanks! I'm not sure how good the Nox is yet, because I find silver with every detector that I use. I can say for certain that it's super fun to use, except for the cheap cheezy wireless headphones that come with the Nox. Minelab dropped the ball on this one big time. Right now I wouldn't recommend this detector to anyone who lives near me until I can do further testing. lol

beephead

I hear you! up here I've been running my NOX in 'Windmill' program 2! On account of its so windy up here..I suspect you are in 'Pinetree Picnic table 2' mode?

You trying out the 50 tones? I like those 50 tones...I've not tried 'Pickaxe' mode yet...since the beach is not frozen..but it will be soon, so more reports later I guess...

Attachments

• Nox-2.jpg
    Nox-2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 535
Back
Top Bottom