I Got Lucky Today

beephead

Elite Member
This morning on my way to a site that I've previously detected I spotted a mid-fifties house that was on a nice big corner lot that was being renovated. I hit the brakes and turned around, parked my vehicle and commenced detecting the grassy area between the curb and sidewalk.

Right off I unearthed a deep Rosie dime. Shortly after that a construction worker showed up and right after that another man showed up and started giving instructions to the worker. I figured I was safe since I was detecting in a public right-a-way.

After the man got through instructing the worker he jumped in his truck and drove around the corner and pulled up next to me. He asked if I was having any luck and I told him that I've only found one good coin, a Rosie dime. He said I just want to let you know that you're welcome to detect this yard and any of the houses that you see around town with my sign in the yard.

This permission was given to me even before I told him that I was a retired builder and land developer. To top it all off he worked as a construction supervisor for a builder that we both admired greatly before he got into the renovation/rental business. We traded some good stories and he gave me his business card before driving off.

Anyhow, I ended up finding a Rosie, a Mercury dime, a Washington quarter and 3 Wheat pennies at that site before leaving for another site that I've previously detected. It has a small front yard and the plan was to hit it super hard with the my Exquinox 600 and then go back over it with my modded Cibolo with the 8-inch concentric search coil attached to see what else I could find.

That plan didn't work because my wireless headphone battery was out of power and wouldn't link up, so I hit the yard with my Cibola. It's been a while since I've used it, but it didn't take me long before I was popping coins left and right. There weren't any wheat pennies so I knew it was a dude site, but I sure was having some fun. I popped 8 nickels, the most that I've found in a long time. Tesoro detectors love nickels and can find them even if they're in a bed of nails.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0518.jpg
    IMG_0518.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 385
That’s a heck of a plate Beep! I’ve noticed my Compadre really enjoys nickels too,it could probably find one in a roll of quarters!:lol: Sounds like you had a great hookup,good luck on the rest of the places...

I'm a firm believer in making our own luck Beep. You made the decision to return to that first site The results of that decision really turned out. Congrats on the Silver's and all the rest along with a possibility of the things that may come with the permissions in the future. Trapper

Excellent..the real treasure was the new connection..time to start excavating..

Thanks, Everyone! I'm holed up today with doing things that need to get done. Hopefully, the rain will hold off for a few more days, because I'm really wanting to take my Tesoro and go back over the site that I had previously detected super hard with the Equinox 600. It should be interesting and telling.

beephead

Great hunt, but the best thing is the new permission connection! That guy sounds "tomato worthy".
Now I am wondering what you would find there with the 600, after working it over with the Cibolo.

Back
Top Bottom