It's Getting Harder And Harder To Find Silver

beephead

Elite Member
I started detecting this particular site yesterday but the leaf blowers made detecting unbearable so I left and came back today to finish up. I've hit this site before and found silver but I didn't really give it a good going over because I was in a rush.

Today I worked the search coil slow and precise and dug even the iffy targets. I managed to find 16 wheat pennies, 3 Mercury dimes, and a Memphis transit token. I would have stayed longer but my neck was beginning to hurt from constantly looking over my shoulder and when I realized that I didn't put my gun in my pocket this morning I got the hell out of Dodge.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0500.jpg
    IMG_0500.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0502.jpg
    IMG_0502.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 309
Nice haul. I try to avoid areas I need overwatch, [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Everyone! A lot of people don't know that Memphis isn't far behind Chicago when it comes to shootings. There are some areas of town that the police won't even go without backup. On a good note, not many of those areas have been detected. Thankfully, I live in Germantown which is just outside of Memphis. From my house to where I do most of my detecting, it's about a thirty-minute drive. Overall, most of the areas that I detect aren't all that bad during the daylight hours, but from what I've been told it gets pretty rough after the sun goes down. A lot of good people live in those bad areas but they can't afford to move so they just have to endure and hope for the best. Several of those now bad areas were super nice areas to live when I was a kid and lived there. Oh, how things have changed. Every major city where the Dems have been in power for any length have become outhouses.

Looks like a great hunt to me! I hate having to detect with my head on a swivel. It can ruin something that should be relaxing and fun. Congrats on the great finds!

Congrats on what you found. I never hunted anywhere near Mempho. I'd probably be nervous there. One spot that I hunt locally is in the "Hood" and there was 2 murders, that I know of 4 blocks from there. I've never had any trouble there but I try to stay aware when there... Stay Safe & HH

Congrats on the finds. Where I live is not nearly as bad as Memphis, but I like you hunt the rougher side of town because that's where the old stuff is. Because of a couple of recent incidents that happened while detecting I am going to get my concealed carry. I have put it off for to long and the incidents recently have convinced me it's time. I will be picking up my new pistol by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom