Homemade Cooler box Detector Case

BountyHunter

Elite Member
Ted and TJ from Niantic, Connecticut Metal Detector Cooler Box Case

I'm trying to get in touch with a couple of MDers, father and son team, that made a very "cool" homemade detector case out of a cooler!

Their story appears on Kellyco's website at this addy:
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Finds/minelab/ted&tj-coolerbox.htm

I have googled for them, no luck. I have googled for their CoolerBox detector case photos in a larger format than the one provided on Kellyco but no luck with that either.

I haven't contacted Kellyco to obtain the inforamtion yet.

Doesn anyone know of a Ted in Niantic, Connecticut on this forum or another forum

I searched for usernames for Ted and only one was found TEDS20.

I searched for Niantic in threads bot not many appeared and with no Ted.

Thank you for looking

Ted and TJ from Niantic, Connecticut Metal Detector Cooler Box Case

I'm trying to get in touch with a couple of MDers, father and son team, that made a very "cool" homemade detector case out of a cooler!

Their story appears on Kellyco's website at this addy:
http://www.kellycodetectors.com/Finds/minelab/ted&tj-coolerbox.htm

I have googled for them, no luck. I have googled for their CoolerBox detector case photos in a larger format than the one provided on Kellyco but no luck with that either.

I haven't contacted Kellyco to obtain the inforamtion yet.

Doesn anyone know of a Ted in Niantic, Connecticut on this forum or another forum

Dood to be honest, that was the first time I have ever seen that page and I've been working on this site for TWO YEARS!!!! I will start diggin' around for some info on it, but man ya'll never cease to amaze me... and here I thought I was here to help YA'LL find stuff on the site. LOL!!!!!

Hey Chick! Thanks!

Hello Ms KellycoChick,

Thank you for having looked at this thread.

I really really hope you can find this dad and son team and come up with larger pictures and what would be better still, would be to get them join the Friendly Metal Detecting Forum.

An ideal happening would be to have them build a thread dedicated to that project that was Cooler Box Detector Case. It would include new pictures, how-to's and step-by-step instruction on the build.

This would be a gem for detector nuts like us :yes:

Again thank you for noticing and your time into looking for these past clients of your establishment.

I love it! I hope we can find more info on it.

I once had a half-baked idea on using one of those cheap disposable styrofoam coolers to store just the main unit (where the electronics are) so that it isnt damaged from the summer heat while in the car.

I never did anything about it.

I hope I can...

...bump this thread/ question up ;-)

Ms KellicoChick --> She is our best hope! :saint:

...bump this thread/ question up ;-)

Ms KellicoChick --> She is our best hope! :saint:

Lol!! I feel like Obi Wan,... :shock:

Okay so I've asked around and I can't find ANYONE who knows ANYTHING about that cooler. I'm talkin, I've asked people who have been here for ages. I would have answered again earlier but I was out of town visiting my grandma in N.J., but yeah, no one knows about this cooler and the webpage for it is old. I'm thinking that one of the old web designers got the treasure story in the mail, scanned the pics in, typed up the letter, and filed it away to no-mans-land. Since we don't have any of the original web designers here anymore, that would explain why it's so unfamiliar to us all.

Now if someone wanted to try to recreate this, I think that would *rock* (for obvious reasons). Now,... where can we buy solid vinyl... and how would one go about cutting it?

Back
Top Bottom