Year?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
I decided to do my last clean up yesterday even though I'll probably do more hunts before EOY. I found this little happy surprise as I was counting out the pennies. Did I make it into the 1800s? Would be a first for me. The odd thing is I don't know where I picked it up. I've only hunted one area lately with some age to it so I guess I got it there.

BCD

Attachments

• IHP.jpg
    IHP.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 224
Sure looks like 1801 to me. I find if i take a photo with my phone i am able to zoom in on the photo and see much more than i can with my eye. I did that to date 6 coins today. Sadly, the one i thought must be super old...was 2016.

But it also looks like an indian head penny? They started in 1859, according to internet.

Sure looks like 1801 to me. I find if i take a photo with my phone i am able to zoom in on the photo and see much more than i can with my eye. I did that to date 6 coins today. Sadly, the one i thought must be super old...was 2016.

But it also looks like an indian head penny? They started in 1859, according to internet.

It looked like 1801 to me too, but the IHP didn't start until 1859. I've done every trick that I know to figure it out. That's the best shot that I have of it.

BCD

Congrats on a find you didn't know you found until you found it again!

Looks like 1891 to me also. You made it although you have no idea when. My guess is you found it yesterday! (Even though you found it before)

Back
Top Bottom