My first surprise as a teacher... Oh boy...

Beefcake

Elite Member
Well... let's just say you learn something new everyday... I have a particular student who is a good kid and participates in class... she has hair to her waist... often unkept for a girl... and is kind of a tomboy... So we are in our second day of classes and I took them down to lunch...making a stop for them to use the restroom and wash up before lunch... I'm waiting outside of the boys room as the boys begin to make their way out... much slower than the girls I must say... but something caught my eye... The girl with the long hair I talked about earlier.... comes walking out of the boys room! It suddenly dawns on me...OMG!!! She's a Boy! I felt like such an idiot!!!!! I went to lunch and returned to my room to talk with my mentor teacher... I told her "Have I got news for you...." Turns out that she had no idea either!!! lol Oh...what an adventure!

Oh yeah...really...lol Beer...That's not much of a problem in the 4th grade yet... I'll have more of that when I start in the 7th grade.... that will be much more challenging.

Good luck, Beefcake. You're in for a real eye opener. You'll get to see what goes on in the school community before your children get there.

Good luck with teaching!

A little makeup, some signing lessons and we got the future Boygeorge. I remember being in the army back in the early 1980's. When Boygeorge's music first hit the charts, lots of GI's were nut about her, till they discovered. Man that was funny.

Wow... has a counselor spoken with him yet? Would be interesting to understand what is behind it all... and if a guy, how come the others are not on his case? Unusual... kids are not tolerant by nature... would think this bears investigating... RickO

I guess his gender was not apparent from his first name ? Don't give his name, though.

No the name is ambiguous... His hair is kinda like Axl Rose... Well, I think I spoke too soon on the hormones issue...lol... I had to confiscate my first love note today... very funny! I totally busted the little romeo... He thought he was being sneaky... He asked me if he could use the restroom.. but out of the corner of my eye I noticed he took an unusual route to the door... I seen him slip the young lady the note, so I let him get a couple of steps toward the door and stopped him and told him to sit down... I got the note off of the unsuspecting young lady and told him he's gotta be better than that about it... I'm an old pro.... I talked to him later... I wasn't so mad about the notepassing (it happens) but I told him I dispise deception... He's lucky it's early in the year and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt ONCE... but I didn't want to bust him down too bad... he's a good kid... just really likes the girls... These kids are great... I'm pretty lucky, they make me laugh and I get to smile alot at work... something I'm not use to.

Well.. sounds like some fun times... and probably brings back memories... these kids always think they are inventing things.. but we did it all long before they did...:lol::lol::lol: RickO

After many moons in the tesaching profession I can tell you there will be "further out" things in store for you. Have fun :) Steve in so az

Aww.. You did an awesome job with the boy. Congratulations to you!

Mr. Beefcake...Haha.... not yet... it's my alter-ego.... They have no idea that I'm really not the smartest person in the world yet.... lol It is wierd being referred as "Mister..." when you've never get that unless your being pulled over or audited by the IRS... I'm pooped.... this week took it out of me... I don't do mornings very well, but it's getting better... I got to sleep in this morning and got my batteries recharged.. I'm really having alot of fun with this so far.

That's funny. It sounds like, from all your posts, you are doing well and have great ideas for activities.

Will be interesting the first time you show your students 'the dance'.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: RickO
Maybe BC can be in the remake of "Saturday Night Fever." OOOOOH OOOOOOOH OOOOOOOH, Mr. Kotterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Attachments

• QLXF1CABAWNTOCAXD6QDKCAO9DAK9CAUAH4R2CASZJ8VHCAJJZZJQCAWMK148CARQXNRBCA9SCF7PCA5GE0HFCAUW8RJDCAO.jpg
    QLXF1CABAWNTOCAXD6QDKCAO9DAK9CAUAH4R2CASZJ8VHCAJJZZJQCAWMK148CARQXNRBCA9SCF7PCA5GE0HFCAUW8RJDCAO.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 227
Back
Top Bottom