Liquid Electrical Tape

FistFullOfCoppers

Elite Member
When your doing any mod or just trying to seal a hole on your modded project.
This liquid electric tape comes in handy ...
You can pick it up at most automotive stores and some marine stores as well .
Hope this helps .

Attachments

• th-3.jpeg
    th-3.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 839
Good stuff. Have used it for years. I like to solder all of my connections, put this on, then wrap with real tape. Makes a great, protected connection!

Home Depot and Lowes carry it.

I use it for the final covering on my digger. It holds up well and is easy to touch up if ever needed. You can also find it at Harbor Freight.
KF3.gif

Old thread but whatever. Can't I paste this over my ace 250 circuit board to completely waterproof it? Or use one those waterproof spray cans?

http://www.nanoflowx.com/ why wouldn't this work? At least it seems like a fantastic solution to not have to worry about detecting in the rain. I'm using a cover but I'd just spray the circuit board and the housing and contacts because why not.

Last edited:
You don't want to paste anything over your circuit board. You will destroy your detector's ability to dissipate heat which will cause component failure. Not to mention doing so would immediately void any warranty you have left on your detector.

The NanoX stuff looks interesting, but is probably a warranty voider as well. Waterproofing your circuit board does not make your detector waterproof and unless you seal everything, you will get water build up. And, as the website clearly states, it only produced a limited amount of waterproofing (30 minutes at 3 feet). If water builds up, even for a few hours, the waterproofing will disappear and your detector is toast.

Maybe a bad idea then. I don't buy your point about the board overheating though.

Maybe a bad idea then. I don't buy your point about the board overheating though.

Well if you put enough of it on it I guess you may not let the smoke out of the circuits. I alway understood letting smoke out was bad magic when it comes to electronics. Insultate it enough and smoke no go nowhere. Hence no problem??? :?: :laughing: Heck just dip your entire MD in the stuff. It'll seal it up. If piable enough you should still be able to push the buttons. If it's made in clear you could see it too. Sorry... just had to give you a rough time. Nothing personal :laughing:

A pc cpu gets warm. Are metal detectors heating up? I modded a volume control in my ace250 the day I got it anyways so no warranty for me.

Anyways, I quote the reply I got from the american supplier. (Nanoflow X)

We usually have clients send in their products for us to coat but since you’re in Norway we can ship out a 50ml bottle of the solution for you to apply on your own. Would you be interested in something like this?
It will make your electronics IP67 rated which is enough to protect it from moisture build up and damages. The solution is $80 for a 50ml bottle. 50ml of the solution can go along way and protect many electronic boards you may want to have protected. The board you shown within the link should use about 10ml of solution. The solution is not cheap as it is a one of a kind solution. Once you spray it on the circuit board, you can take a water dropper after it has dried and see how hydrophobic the circuit board has become.

I doubt I'll go through with it but it's still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqhjkY66Hs

Last edited:
A pc cpu gets warm. Are metal detectors heating up? I modded a volume control in my ace250 the day I got it anyways so no warranty for me.

Anyways, I quote the reply I got from the american supplier. (Nanoflow X)

We usually have clients send in their products for us to coat but since you’re in Norway we can ship out a 50ml bottle of the solution for you to apply on your own. Would you be interested in something like this?
It will make your electronics IP67 rated which is enough to protect it from moisture build up and damages. The solution is $80 for a 50ml bottle. 50ml of the solution can go along way and protect many electronic boards you may want to have protected. The board you shown within the link should use about 10ml of solution. The solution is not cheap as it is a one of a kind solution. Once you spray it on the circuit board, you can take a water dropper after it has dried and see how hydrophobic the circuit board has become.

I doubt I'll go through with it but it's still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPqhjkY66Hs

A cpu has fans on it and heatsinks to draw out the heat away and cool the chips/board so that's not really a good comparasion to use against boards not heating up. Even video cards get extremely hot. The board, any board, uses voltage, ie:energy, ie:creates heat. It may not be hot to the touch, but it does heat up by using that energy.

Try it if you like, I'll stand behind my little computer screen here and wish you on!!!

Do metal detectors get hot? Compared to computers, not so much.

Resistors are a "lossy" components. They consume power by dissipating it as heat. If this "paste" is has good thermal conductivity, it will let the a sufficient amount of heat to pass through the paste and transfer it to your machine's case and it will then be dissipated into the air. If this paste has a low thermal conductivity - some, if not most of the heat will remain trapped around the circuit components. This is where the danger lies.

Do metal detectors get hot? Compared to computers, not so much.

Resistors are a "lossy" components. They consume power by dissipating it as heat. If this "paste" is has good thermal conductivity, it will let the a sufficient amount of heat to pass through the paste and transfer it to your machine's case and it will then be dissipated into the air. If this paste has a low thermal conductivity - some, if not most of the heat will remain trapped around the circuit components. This is where the danger lies.

Also a MD is a frequency based device. The capacitors and inductors determine or affect that frequency. If you cover the pc bd with a substance that changes the ckt capacitance it will change the operation of the MD. Possibly in a negative way.

Back
Top Bottom