Technical Difficulties

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
When attempting to post if I press on either the "Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" boxes at the bottom I get the Microsoft Internet Explorer warning message box "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the post above to activate Quick Reply". I can only post when I click on "Post Reply". Also, I cannot post smiley's within the message - only outside. I don't know if this is part of the "Go Advanced" or not as I have never seen what's on the other side. I have tried the above at 2 different locations - work & home. Anybody out there with any ideas?

It looks like both the "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" buttons both request you to use one of the quick reply icons (within the original post). I only see one quick reply icon, which I am using now. Looks like it would be handy for some quick response that needs no "funky stuff".

You have to click the 'pen and letter' icon located at the bottom right corner of each post in order to quick reply. This will activate the quick reply box. The 'Go advanced' button will also become active at this phase.

For smilies :p you have to click the 'User CP' button and 'edit options'. SCroll down until you find 'message editor interface'. Change this to 'Standard editor -extra formatting controls' and you'll get the smilies back.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing....

Voriax

Quick Reply Help

When attempting to post if I press on either the "Quick Reply" or "Go Advanced" boxes at the bottom I get the Microsoft Internet Explorer warning message box "Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the post above to activate Quick Reply". I can only post when I click on "Post Reply".

Here's the scoop on Quick Reply. Vbulletin says it is setup that way because apparently you can choose which post to reply to. You have to click the icon to activate the Quick Reply, otherwise, Quick Reply has no way of knowing which post you are responding to. Yes, I think it's a "whistle" we don't really need.

Also, I cannot post smiley's within the message - only outside. I don't know if this is part of the "Go Advanced" or not as I have never seen what's on the other side. I have tried the above at 2 different locations - work & home. Anybody out there with any ideas?

The forum default is a Basic Editor, and the Basic Editor has no smilies. You need to go to UserCP, Edit Options, scroll to the bottom and change it to Standard Editor.

Is it me or does the 'quick reply' / 'go advanced' look like a normal reply to post :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I think I'll stick to the standard 'post reply' :cool:

May as well try the font COLOR

This is a TEST! I got color!:cool:
I got smileys!:wow: :cool: :D :shock: :yes: :spin:
Thanks ALL! All is right again in the world!!!;)

Back
Top Bottom