Bullseys 2 Pinpointer Super Brighter Mod

hilltopdfx

hey guys i was out the other night and it started to get dark on me, and i know i dont have much longer because the pinpointer led is not too bright and is hard to see coins in the holes i was digging, so it hit me , i have a bag full of super bright white leds i used for another project i had and i woundered if i could modd this to see much better. so here is what i did

First i pulled one of my super bright white leds out of the bag and hooked it up to my power supply, the forward voltage of the led is 3.4 to 3.8 volts at 20 MA full tilt at 3.8 so i pushed it to about 4 volts .. all i did was change the led out and calculated a new resistor, so i changed the resistor from 280 ohms to 100 ohms that was in series of the led

here is the results..

Before the swap out normal led on left and new led on right

After the led swap mod on the left and old led on the right.

Right before the mod

the battery life is pretty much the same all i did was modify the circuit a little to get this led to spec if anything it might decrease a little but i dont think u will notice a difference i have never changed the battery yet scince i had it witch was about 6 months

well the the sensitivity set to high i get like 3 inches from the tip and down low like an inch

thanks for the info. i have a vibraprobe and like the sturdiness of it. i can really probe with the thing. the draw back is that i've been digging up a lot of dimes lately and you have to be almost touching them before it goes off. still have not been able to pinpoint with the 250 with any regularity. sometimes i'm dead on and other times i dig a 4" inch hole.

Everything you do, you're doin' at ya own risk. :yes:

If you need the light during ya hunt, it is a nice job, you did.

TNX 4 sharing.

Back
Top Bottom