1802 Large Cent

xlt nh

Last weekend I had my sister's family up from Louisiana visiting for the Holiday...and was lucky enough to score an unsearched property to take my 11yr. old niece Dakota to....

So we packed up my son's Ace 250 (and my son) and headed out...after finding only clad we ventured to the side yard that was bordered by a small section of stone wall. Soon we got a nice signal...and then the kids dug an 1802 Draped Bust Large Cent! YES!! :lol:

All I was after was a Merc or something from before '64...little piece of silver to get her interested in the hobby...but this was way beyond that! We all floated on air all the way home and cleaned it up....and she now has it with her back home in LA...a nice reminder of her trip and the day she got bit by the Treasure Bug! ;)

Wish I could say I found something like that when I was 11! HH, Hank 8)

ps...the house was a mid 1800's, 25 room boarding house that was just sold to be a B&B, and the lawn will be excavated into parking lot space...so hence the large shovel for easy diggin in the overgrown lawn...

Attachments

• Kota and Colby.jpg
    Kota and Colby.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 148
  • 1802 Draped Bust Cent.jpg
    1802 Draped Bust Cent.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 154
Good for them, and a big congrats goes out to them for a totally awesome find. that must have been a real rush for them to make that find. :yes:

Wow thats neat.

Keep up the good work, How deep was the find? Bet you will go back and find more I feel some more silver in your future.

Looks like you have a bright future as a detectorist! Good job!

Tell them we all said Great Job! They will surely be hooked now. I bet I know what's on their revised Christmas list now. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom