Is it Me or are things SLOWWWW for Silver? 1937S Merc

Buellride

Forum Supporter
Seriously, I had a fantastic few months to close out 2018 and since it has been like trying to find "chicken teeth" to find silver in my parts. While I did recover a 1937S Merc and a mini-Wheatie spill (both pennies were suck together in the hole) I have only recovered 3 silvers (1 ring and two Merc dimes) in last 5 hunts of the calendar year (remember I calculate my finds based off of fiscal year ~ FY cycles). I know that sounds like great odds, but I had a run in November last year that I had silver for every hunt over 10 separate hunts!

Anyway, I am happy I found what I did.

Nice weather like we are having in Western Washington "requires" one to go out and hunt.

HH All.

Attachments

• 1_12 Merc.jpg
    1_12 Merc.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 251
That’s still some great finds!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

That’s still some great finds!

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

TY, I am happy with them, just want more :D

Nice merc! Any day with a silver find is a good day!đź‘Ť

True, I just have to get more creative in our locations

A Merc more than I’ve dug in awhile. A long while!

Congrats!

I would say your day was good. Two wheaties and a merc. I'll take that anytime. Yes; silvers are getting tough to find. Congrats and HH.

Thanks Ground/Ron, didn't want to sound ungrateful for what I have been able to squeak out recently. I just want more silver/gold :yes:, maybe I should stop watching YouTube videos where hunters that I respect are pulling Barber after Barber or Indian after Indian...its tainting my perception of what I have been able to accomplish:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The only silver I found in the last calendar year was silver jewelry. No silver coins at all. In the past I have found silver coins where I never thought that one would be but the last three years silver coins have been very difficult to find. I spent lots of time at three local beaches and I have only ever found one silver coin at the beach. Modern clad and the occasional piece of precious metal jewelry are what I find.

Perception of slow is in your eyes only Paul. Slow here is staring out the window and waiting for the ground to thaw. Hope you season continues as your reports are keeping a bunch of his from going insane. Congrats on adding the Merc to your coffers. Trapper

Well .. congratulations on the saves .
I keep mentioning that these silver coin finds are a big deal.

Regardless of a Spanish , hammered, a ring đź’Ť or a rosy dime.
As the years pass even julery being the only restocked option for us is becoming less common to be lost.

Grandmothers old rings even the simple old cute little ones are being stored away and not worn daily. Other cheaper metals and man made stones are seemingly 90% of the displays at the disappearing department stores and malls.

Now days a kid is more likely to hock the old gifts for a fake diamond studded IPhone case and a Chinese version of a name brand purse.

Each save is a big deal.
Someday sooner than we realize we will be posting a wheat penny in the mindblowing section and be counting out pre -72 copper counts for the season.

As for short term slow down ... chalk it up to the northern portion of the country being slowed or even frozen out of saving a few here and there.
,Congradulations again.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom