Old Property Produces Silver and MORE

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
A friend called me yesterday, said Hey Ive got permission to hunt an 1890's house , you want to go ? WHAT ? Just send me the address and I will beat you there < lol !
We hooked up today and I was pleased with my results. I had about 3 hours so I was pretty selective on what I dug. First thing I found was a Budweiser Café Carterville, Mo token. Has the numbers 404 in the center. The back reads Good For 5c in trade. Didn't walk far and hit the 1945 Merc. Ended up hitting (3) more Weathies,1941, 1945, 1950, the small silver lid . Decided I would go out and hunt the curb strip and found $1.47 in clad. Running out of time and was getting ready to go and found the Rexall Good Luck Token. Very cool old token.this coin was given away as a promotional item Rexall Drug Stores in the 1920's to early 1930's. It featured a Billiken, a figure originating in the early 20th Century, often described as "The God of Things as they Ought To Be" which was considered to good luck and better luck if given to you. On the reverse the token bears a swastika which has been considered a good luck symbol for thousands of years until it became associated with nazis in the early 1920's

On the obverse the token bears the legend;

OPTIMISTIC AND PROGRESSIVE ORDER OF REXALLITES
MEMBERS COIN
GUDLUKK
GOD OF GOOD LUCK, GOOD HEALTH AND GOOD CHEER.

The writing on the reverse states;

I AM A REXALLITE BECAUSE
MY DRUG STORE NEEDS
BE THEY FEW OR MORE
I CAN ALWAYS BUY BEST
AT THE REXALL STORE
THE REXALL STORE
IN MY TOWN
IS ONE OF THE
WORLD'S 7000 BEST DRUG STORES

Had a great time with my buddy AND found some cool items. Don't get no better then that.

I was running the 3030 : Coins / Ground Coin, Fast On, +3 with the stock coil. Cant wait to get back over there when I have more time.

Attachments

• 121718 hunt galena kansas.jpg
    121718 hunt galena kansas.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 256
  • 121718 hunt galena kansas2.jpg
    121718 hunt galena kansas2.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 238
  • rexall token.jpg
    rexall token.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 226
  • rexall token2.jpg
    rexall token2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 230
Silver, Sterling, Tokens and Wheat's. A shared hunt with a friend and time to enjoy Jerry. Your right it don't get better than that. Congrats! Trapper

Back
Top Bottom