See through thumb wheel for discrimination knob

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
I'd seen a few mods that involve adding a feature to "thumb" the disc control on Tesoros (and I'm sure other brand users do it as well). I'd even seen a nice one (lurking on another site) a guy turned out on a lathe out of aluminum. However many I've seen were just a larger knob of some sort or another, and they blocked either the discrimination markings on the face panel, or covered it.

I'm not sure if this has been done, but I haven't seen it if it has. I wanted a "wheel" I could not only roll with my thumb, and still see both the knob indicator as well in relationship to the disc separation scale on the face panel.

I made it from 3/16" Lexan or Plexiglass (not sure which as it was just a scrap laying around). I mounted it on an extra knob, so I can replace the original Tesoro knob if I ever want to. I'd thought about gluing or using silicone to mount it to the knob, but didn't want a blob of adhesive showing through the plastic (maybe another smiley face is in order?)

I think I'll make one for each of my Tesoros :yes:

IM004276.jpg

Sorry for the blurry close-up, but I believe you can see the white line of the indicator on the knob. Either way, you get the idea.

IM004279.jpg

Thanks!

I was actually looking for a similar sized plastic magnifying lens to use, it would save me from putting on my glasses to read the controls. I still might.

Oh, and yes, I buy my Smiley Stickers in bulk :D

IM004280.jpg

I'd forgotten I picked-up a small plastic magnifying glass today while running errands (yeah laundry :roll:), and had even center-drilled it and cut it apart, just needed ground, buffed, stuck on an old knob and mounted on the Cibola.

I think my eyes have gotten worse :oldguy:

IM004306.jpg

Where did you find an extra knob, this is way to cool gotta put one on my vaquero...:cool:
I'd seen a few mods that involve adding a feature to "thumb" the disc control on Tesoros (and I'm sure other brand users do it as well). I'd even seen a nice one (lurking on another site) a guy turned out on a lathe out of aluminum. However many I've seen were just a larger knob of some sort or another, and they blocked either the discrimination markings on the face panel, or covered it.

I'm not sure if this has been done, but I haven't seen it if it has. I wanted a "wheel" I could not only roll with my thumb, and still see both the knob indicator as well in relationship to the disc separation scale on the face panel.

I made it from 3/16" Lexan or Plexiglass (not sure which as it was just a scrap laying around). I mounted it on an extra knob, so I can replace the original Tesoro knob if I ever want to. I'd thought about gluing or using silicone to mount it to the knob, but didn't want a blob of adhesive showing through the plastic (maybe another smiley face is in order?)

I think I'll make one for each of my Tesoros :yes:

IM004276.jpg

Sorry for the blurry close-up, but I believe you can see the white line of the indicator on the knob. Either way, you get the idea.

IM004279.jpg

Back
Top Bottom