Must have accessories?

mrcollect

Ok, a task for you experts...

List your top THREE accessories.
Things you just "gotta have" when you go out detecting.
Be as detailed as you want.

A good set of headphones , a trash/treasure pouch and a solid digger of not too great a size. Shovels are out unless you are in area such as a field and can dig a larger hole with little to no damage.

For the sand that I do - a big scoop, the sifting box that I made and headphones!

I agree with most of the others, good headphones, pinpointer, and a sturdy digger. However, like most of us, I endup carrying a backpack that has backup battries, fixed blade knife, a square of cloth to put your excess dirt on, water and snack food (since I usually stay out for at least 6 hours).

Sunray X-1 is attached to the Explorer, so it is always with me. Lesche "Mauler", even though it is a spade type of shovel, it cuts through the ground with ease, and you can cut a neat plug 8" dia x 12" deep in 3 moves. My toolbelt has a tool pouch with pruners, plastic sheet, water bottle, and small digger. On the tool belt are up to 3 zippered canvas pouches with spare batteries, magnifier, latex gloves, coil survival saw, headlight, 1st aid items, nylon and zip ties, candy bars. Lesche digger in scabbard on belt. Depending on the type of hunting, I can leave some of this in the truck if it is unnecessary.
I have a backpack that is also a portable cooler for extended days in the field. Headphones are always with, and last but not least, if in a rather seedy area, my friends Smith & Wesson in a concealed holster.

WT- is there a "Batman" logo on your belt? :lol:

Felix, maybe in the near future, I have to get the rest of the outfit 1st. :D

By having the toolbelt with the smaller attached pouches, it is a "modular" approach to gear. Obviously if I'm goin to a local park, 75% of the stuff isn't needed, just detach pouches. If I'm in the bush, and it's a mile back to the truck, yea, it goes with me and I don't have to walk back for anything. By keeping my stuff organized and self contained, I don't have to worry about forgetting something, as it it always in the gear bag, which stays in the truck.

Back
Top Bottom