water or land

mrcollect

Hello!

I'm just starting to look at metal detecting as a hobby, but not afraid to buy quality gear.

My questions are: Should I start with a waterproof rig, since it would cover land and beach? Is there a downside to using a waterproof detector mainly on land? Or would people recommend getting two units, one for land, one for sea?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum mrc... That is up to you... What are you going to do more of water hunting or land? I am a long time dirt guy but since getting into the water I have little interest in land anymore..

There are a lot of good water machines out there... The Fisher, Excal, BeachHunter or what I use the PI...

My hunting partner has a DFX for land and wet/dry sand and a PI for the water.

I have an MXT and a PI same hunting reasons.

If you think you are going to hunt in the water more than land I would get a PI. PI is deeper than most VLF detectors even the top of the line ones. Sure you will dig more trash but if you know where to hunt in the water then the trash will be minimal. I hunt usually waist to chest deep water and find little trash.

Just my 2 cents :)

Some do say get 2 machines,But I use 1 for both with really good results.The Fisher CZ-20.

Hi and welcome to the forums. :yes:
You have a dilema on your hands for sure. Craig is showing you the way here. You have to decide what you want to hunt for , where you want to do it and also what you really want to spend. These will all help to narrow down your choices. Some detectors are better for land and some better for beach conditions. There are a few that are excellent for both. If you need any more help let me know. I'll be glad to help you out. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom