setting on AT Max not in instruction manual

Garr3ttATpr0

I know its a relatively new detector but maybe some with more experience can answer if known. I had an AT Pro and picked up an AT Max. There are 4 preset frequency settings F1, F2, F3, F4 and nothing is mentioned in the manual about them, which ones I should be using and when? I'm stumped..

The 4 frequencies are very slight changes that allow you to cope with emi. If you experience emi, just do a frequency shift to help resolve the interference. That is really all it is used for. Same as the AT Pro.

The 4 frequencies are very slight changes that allow you to cope with emi. If you experience emi, just do a frequency shift to help resolve the interference. That is really all it is used for. Same as the AT Pro.

If you ever were judged on your avatar, you would win hands down! It's just hilarious....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Emi ??

Hello.
I am using an At Pro. Last fall I ran into a very chatty area while hunting a football stadium. My machine was going crazy. I found out that there were underground electrical conduits in that area. I tried changing frequency several times but it didn't help much. An experienced fellow metal detector on this site advised me to decrease sensitivity. Bingo !! I found lots of clad coins in that section and the chattering was gone. if this is your problem, try what I did. Worked for me. I think the frequency was F2 before I changed it. I set it back to F2 and the machine works well.
Bubbaron AT, Pro AT Pin Pointer, Garrett 8 x 6 " Coil Nox 600 Tomorrow.

thanks ! my AT Pro didn't have this function and if it did I had no idea. I pan on using this for a while to get my skill level up over the next year or so and then I have my eyes set on a minelab 3030. the AT Max has very different tones than the AT Pro in Pro mode but certainly disernable.

Back
Top Bottom