Advice: dumpster diving detector

glostyle

I'm not even sure how viable this idea is but I am looking to be able to detect in a very specific environment. Specifically I am looking for something that would detect gold/silver while ignoring the large steel dumpster it's contained in.

Last year I found 2 ounces of panned gold while dumpster diving. It drives me crazy every time I go out, wondering if I'm standing on a pile of wealth, and thinking it's just trash ;)

Thanks in advance for the feedback

-Carlo

Never going to happen..

Unless you believe in the plumb bobs that kellyCO sells...

<*)))>{

Hmm, never seen one so I don't know if I believe in them. Do they claim that their detectors can do something like this?

All that and more!

But claiming in this case is a far stretch (miles and miles) from the real deal....

<*)))>{

dumpster diving is illegal and all trash that is in them belongs to the trash company. IT is a felony.

Oh my lord! Come on! This may be true and I'm not debating that but how man people are in prison for dumpster diving?

I'm not debating this either , but in case it is true , somebody has to be first . Who's going to be our sacrificial lamb , so to speak . kind of reminds me of Arlo Guthrie's " Alice's Restaurant " .

Dumpster diving is not a felony and it is not illegal except where there are local ordinances against it or it is on posted private property. I looked it up :p

I believe it was Aquachigger that mounted the ATP control box on the lower shaft to create a mini detector for enclosed areas such as under floor boards. Maybe something similar with a sniper coil and the sens turned down. Even then, I have a hard enough time in a trashy field. ...can't imagine hunting an actual bag of trash. I doubt it's really worth the cost/effort unless you have spare detectors available to mod.

Back
Top Bottom