Anyone have an opinion on Nautilus MD Models

Clemwood

I recently read a thread about these detectors being very good relic hunters. Supposedly very deep seeking with mil-spec quality components. I know they are not mainstream like some of the largely marketed models, but I am interested to know if any of you use one and your thoughts on overall performance.

People in Europe wonder why they are rarely seen/talked about on U.S. forums.

The weight is a factor but its not hard to convert onto a Whites shaft then you have a machine with great performance.
Mineralisation is a problem. Low great, medium O.K. but high and there's cheaper/lighter machines that will do better.
The best performance requires the need to balance the coil which is something most have never heard of but its something you do without thinking after a few hours of use and you can buy a similar model that does it automatically though the cost of this is that you don't have the range of adjustments.

It seems that there's ongoing improvements made without an song or dance being made or new model lanch so a new DMC should be better than an old one though if the old one has been in for repair it may have been upgraded to the new spec.

The theory of the DMC's is similar to the British Arados (120-130's) but perhaps a bit better. The Arado used all metal as the primary search mode so nothing was missed (including all rubbish) and you would glance at the meter to I.D. ferrous and foil.
The DMC puts the deep search mode into on ear and the discrimination into the other allowing extra checks to be made before digging ie does the discrim. signal come in at the same time as the primary search mode signal or not ?

Like Discovery and Wilson, Nautilus doesn't seem to get the appreciation it should in its own country.

I have a Nautilus DMC IIb and love it, but like a lot of foods it is an acquired taste. Nautilus is a small company and the machines are built to the highest control standards and quality. They are used mainly here in the South and Northeast for hunting relics which is it's purpose and what it was built primarily to do. They are relic machines and then there's the Nautilus, yes they are a bit heavy and old fashion looking but in the end performance wins the day and for those that use one, there is none better for relics.

my dad swings a Nautilus while field hunting and Tim is correct about it being an "acquired taste" i tried to use it one day it drove me nuts,just didnt feel rite. but i know its a dang good machine as ive seen what it is capable of id like to get one to see if i can acquire the taste but i cant justify having a tejon and a nautilus.

Back
Top Bottom