Whites Vx3 vs Minelab safari

I would also like to hear opinions on these detectors. The you tube videos I've watched on the V3i looks like that machine is not very good with target ID. Very jumpy and unstable numbers even on shallow targets but it still interests me with all its possible different settings.

I can't compare them because I never owned the Whites. I did own a Safari. It will hit just as deep as the other FBS machines. And it will have no trouble in the wet sand of a beach. It just didn't have the bells and whistles of the E Trac. I hear that it was a great improvement in speed over the Quattro which it replaced. But it still seemed sluggish to me. There are always used E Tracs on the forums for sale. I think if you buy a Safari you will wish you had the E Trac.

I used my V3i on the beach but didn't like it over my DFX. Fixing to buy another DFX. I'll have 3. I love the DFX that much!;)

I can't compare them because I never owned the Whites. I did own a Safari. It will hit just as deep as the other FBS machines. And it will have no trouble in the wet sand of a beach. It just didn't have the bells and whistles of the E Trac. I hear that it was a great improvement in speed over the Quattro which it replaced. But it still seemed sluggish to me. There are always used E Tracs on the forums for sale. I think if you buy a Safari you will wish you had the E Trac.
I also own a safari and wish i would of spent the other 500 dollars for the e-trac great machine for clad hunting but signal t.i.d. numbers are the same for many targets .if your looking for gold be ready to dig all low tones,i basically dig by tones, high tones good tagets low tones other than 13-14-15 nickel numbers ,are usually pull tabs or other junk

I have the v3i now and had an Etrac for a couple of years. The choices you mentioned,I think you will do fine no matter which one you pic. I will tell you this, the V's finds nonferrous items in the iron better then I expected and good bit better then the Etrac. I don't know how it does it but it does.
Don't get to hung up on the steady ID thing,all machines will have bounce if there is iron and other thrash. Just listen to what the Safari or V3 is telling you and in time your ears will win out when it comes to digging.
GL
HH

Agreed. The E-Trac at 28 frequencies bring a whole new aspect.

It's all personal preference, I own an Explorer and a V3i. I've always liked the White's displays, tone, and menu's better, as well as the faster sweep speed. Then again I'm mainly a relic hunter and like to cover a lot of ground quickly at most of my sites. Both are great machines, and will find the same targets. If you like to swing slow and simple menus go with the Minelab, if you like to swing fast and like fancy color displays and menu's, go with the Whites.

what he said
never owned a whites.
i had a safari and i agree,not much in wet sand/water and i thought the processor was slow. i did find lots of coins with it.

Back
Top Bottom