How long do they live???

ZR Ranger

Hello, I am going to buy the fisher Cz-21( if there is anything you can tell me about this unit, it would be great since I hardly see the name fisher mentioned here) and while I was thinking about which metal detector I should buy, I started wondering about how long do they live before they break down?
I m talking about normal usage, that means no crazy things and slamming the unit.

thanks for the time

I believe Fisher's has lifetime warranties.

I'll doubt you'll ever need to use it. Fisher puts out some quality machines.

yea I hope so.
and how about fixing is it that necessary that the company fixes it or can a decent electronic fix it too.

getting them to ship one to thailand is proving to be very complicated and expensive.

Sounds like you have a very valid concern. They are a very good and expensive water detector but I read the following review that would sure make me hesitant to buy one where you are located.

I have a bad experience with the Fisher Lab's service. My only one CZ-20 was broken down in September, 2007. I contacted the dealer in Thailand that I bought the detector from. He's a nice guy, actually. It later was sent to the Fisher Lab in USA. I was informed after one month pass by that the cost of fixing is $US 928.77, including freight and labor cost. It's costly, isn't it? The point is that I think the Fisher Lab is tricky. They don't mean to give you CZ-20 service anymore. They want to sell the coming CZ-21 rather than fixing the old model, CZ-20. So, they charge you so higher that you can do nothing, but you are forced to buy the new one. This is the way company cheats you. Next time if you want to buy a new metal detector, I want to remind you that think over the good service, rather than the new body cover of the CZ-21 There are many brand names and types of detector at the moment. Make sure you get new one with a good service. Fisher Lab is not providing you good service anymore, I bet!.

I just got back my CZ-20 from Fisher last week and I will be posting a lengthy story about my experience and how they charge $150.00 replacement cost on a headphone (which I thought had nothing wrong with them) in addition to another $320.00 for repairs that may or may not have been truly needed. I would be very wary of buying anything Fisher, new or used due to their Service Dept. I now have nearly $1000 invested on a used detector that I got a few months ago, although I know and have heard from many of you that it's an excellent water machine. Good luck ZR!

Yes, that's why I would like to get a good one so that I am sure it will last me for many amny years to come.
that's why I was thinking about things that can go wrong with one.
if its broken than I need to buy a new one or probably bring it to a local electronic shop. (Thais are quite good at fixing things) Western culture is such a waste culture.:no:

Here you dont have many shops that sell them not even online sellers ( I found 2) the prices are disgusting though. Fisher CZ-21 sells here for nearly( getting the calculator:p) 1400 USD. It's customs thats a pain in the neck.
One shop sold the garrett master hunter for 1000 USD.
So I was thinking better get one that I can use in many areas.
T

(foreverich) that guy is in thailand I have talked with him already, maybe I should pay him a visit on the beach one day :p:p.

This is not the first thread on a forum where I've seen Fisher Lab's service to be somewhat questionable. Perhaps these are isolated incidents, but good reports about Garrett and White's vice bad reports about Fisher will trim my list when I'm considering a new detector purchase.

I use a Fisher, but a cheap one (f-2). When I buy an expencive water machine or expencive machine in general, it will probably be Tesoro because of the awesome lifetime warranty. How many years on a White's or Minelab warranty?

Back
Top Bottom