First time out

o0Kuvera0o

c8daba930c951edc9f629eb0923938ad.jpg
Found a door handle, salt shaker top (not silver), tons of iron, TV antenna, bullet casings, light bulb socket and tons of trash. Out in a corn field in New York, it hasn't been detected but the ground was dug up from farm equipment over the years. Overall very relaxing for my first time out. The door handle is by far the coolest thing, it's not something I expected. I hope to pour resin over it to make it functional again.

I was using a Minelab Explorer SE Pro

The gentleman who let me borrow it offered to sell it to me. As it was my first time, I didn't know anything about the machine but that there are apparently 1000 combinations. If anyone has any solid reviews on this I'd greatly appreciate it. It would be my first detector if I go ahead and buy it.

Hope everyone else had better luck!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Welcome to the hobby! I am not familiar with the detector but i am sure someone can help. How much did he ask for the detector?

Cool shell casing - looks Russian or something being rimmed 7.62x54r?

I’d love to have and Explorer! Heard the work good in wet salt sand, being fbs and all.

We all started somewhere, and our first finds were not all that spectacular. Congrats on getting out there and finding something.

Great first hunt and great on getting out!!!! Keep it up. I gets more fun and addictive as you go along...:laughing: My first hunt, in my yard, landed me some pop cans, tin strips, roofing nails and some bottle caps. All exciting, though. All that was apparently left from the contractors when the house was built...LOL

That's a good machine

Probably a little advanced for a beginner but well worth learning.

Good going on the first finds. The Explorer SE Pro is a very good machine, and with the fbs technology it is a coin magnet.

Back
Top Bottom