First Rings and First GOLD!

Magicmantx

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Went out today to my local lake beach spot since I didn't have a lot of time to go anywhere too far and wanted to get out for a bit. Figured I would try a different approach and decided to dig all clear tones over 50. I knew this would yield a lot of pull tabs as this site has tons of tabs. After about an hour of detecting along the sides of the beach where there are a couple grassy areas with picnic tables I found a few dimes and a few pennies here and there all clad. Dimes a consistent 81-83 and pennies vary from 75-80. I was pulling tabs left and right in the 50-65 range. A couple bottle caps from 65-75. several pieces of foil in the high 40's but I dug them anyway as they sounded fairly clean and the soil there is easy to dig so I gave it a shot. After a couple hours of this I found a clad quarter which was surprising because I would have bet anyone I had found all the quarter after several trips to this site recently. Quarter was 84 @ 6" laying flat. working my way back up toward the car I rang a solid consistent 43 on the ATP . Foil I figured and walked a few steps then for some reason I went back to it and checked again. It was clear as it could be . Curiously got the best of me so I dug it and boom there it was a small ring. I pulled it out and sure enough 10K . Its small and doesn't weigh much but still GOLD ! My first ring and first gold. I searched the hole for the setting but couldn't find it so I moved on. Another penny and then I rang up a high tone figured it was another quarter. It was about 3" in a rocky hole. I was shocked to see ANOTHER RING! After pulling it I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't gold just gold colored lol. Its some sort of costume jewelry but still was fun to find. So today was a good day.

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 421
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 380
Congrats on the gold ring! I find more gold than I do silver coins :( but that’s my locations and what they have... way to go on the gold!

Congrats! i'm still waiting on my first gold and my first silver coin! i did find my first silver jewelry in the form of a vintage sterling and jade ring in my grandparents front yard in AZ. Never expected that.
c6ca4bcc52a3021f0040444756ed2c24.jpg

Oldest coin dug- 1927 wheatie.

Thanks. I've learned a lot on here and lots of encouragement for others. It looks really easy when you watch the many videos and see repeated posts for the constant silver and gold finds . Then after awhile its just like a TV show all the pull tabs and foil and rusted cans and melted aluminum are edited out lol. I'm sure the main reason I hadn't found any jewelry up to this point that's really not what I was digging for. Early on I laid out one of my rings and a bracelet and the ring rang up a 43. I guess thats really why I decided to dig the little ring. Its fun to pull coins out of the ground to me even if they are modern they still have value . I guess like hidden treasure lol. Sometimes I do dig 50's but after awhile I get tired of the pull tabs and go back to ignoring them and hitting the clad tones. Regardless its all fun. Finally made a believer out of my wife lol

It's killing me to not be able to get back out right now. Weather has been a bit rainy and chilly the last few days and had other stuff to get done but should be able to go out again soon. least had a little time to do some researching. Funny how you follow everyone on here and get excited to see what others are finding too. I'm sure some of ya'll thats been doing this awhile can relate to how much fun it is to find your first this or that lol. Finding the ring was cool but really probably was just as excited when I found my first coin which was a simple clad penny lol.

Back
Top Bottom