LOST wedding band...FOUND and RETURNED!!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
A guy down the road from me about a mile saw me detecting a field across from his house about 2 weeks ago, I detected till dark and when I went to pack up and stopped me and told me how his lost his wedding band in his backyard a year ago. He asked if anyway possible I could search for it for him. I said sure but it is dark now I will come back. Well I got busy with life, work, detecting etc….lol

Today I got off work early and headed down there, I knocked on his door and no answer, so I went ahead and started searching in his backyard, LUCKILY it was a fairly new home and it was a clean backyard, not a trashy old farm! First signal was a pulltab, and the very next signal was a 12-17, I was praying it was the ring, …..cut a plug, flipped it up and there it was staring back at me!!!! Took me UNDER 10 minutes total from the time I got to his house!

No one was home like I mentioned, so I left a note for him to call me. I brought it home, washed off the mud and shined it up, ....waiting on his call. I am excited to see how he reacts when I hand it to him!

His wife got home first and called me, I explained to her I found the ring, she was estatic!!! I asked her to please NOT tell her husband I wanted to surprise him, she told me she would text me when he got home.

I drove down to his house and knocked on the door, I told him I came down today to search for your ring, but bad news, I couldn't locate it, he instantly said "it's ok, I appreciate you trying for me"..........

Then I said, with as straight face as possible... "I did find one item that you might find interesting" and held out my hand. He reached his hand out and I dropped his ring into his palm.....his face lit up and he got the biggest smile ever and was so happy! I explained to him I had to tease him a bit before I gave it to him. His wife stood behind him and giggled. Great day, I was very happy to be able to find this for him, they were a young couple and it meant a lot to both of them.

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

Kool

How cool is that. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I found a silver ring in a front yard once, and the owner said his gf lost it three years ago. I gave it to him, but was wondering if she was still his gf? I will never know.

ring return

what a great feeling to find an item for someone :cool:.&under 10 minutes too, he must have had a narrow area for you to hunt. congrats on your find &return another happy couple thanks to a selfless person from the forum.

Back
Top Bottom