Garrett Is Hiring.........................

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 690
Did they get rid of crazy lamp lady, AKA relic recoverist ?
Only makes thrift videos now?

she made great videos and contributed to the hobby - great lady indeed :clapping:

Lets hope that in their screening process they hire some new blood in their design/engineering department which has recently been somewhat lacking in talent.

Dumb comment. Garrett is lacking so bad they're growing.

Why??" They seem to produce new equipment but it is like a mirror image of what other producers have already marketed and tested. I think the growth factor is due to the recent loss of other smaller producers. The new ideas appear to always come from other companies like Minelab and such. Only time will tell.

Why??" They seem to produce new equipment but it is like a mirror image of what other producers have already marketed and tested. I think the growth factor is due to the recent loss of other smaller producers. The new ideas appear to always come from other companies like Minelab and such. Only time will tell.

Did you say the same thing about Minelab since it took them 12 years to debut the Nox to compete with the ATP ? The ATP is still the easiest detector to identify bottlecaps. Some things are better left alone. Garrett's SMF is not the same as Minelab's. The fallacy that the Nox would obsolete other detectors is a huge fail. It doesn't do everything better than all the other detectors. Would you say that Fisher hasn't done anything and they need some new engineers ?

Could be that Garrett is shifting their profit center to metal detectors to be places in every school across the country. The market there would be much larger than hobby metal detecting

Could be that Garrett is shifting their profit center to metal detectors to be places in every school across the country. The market there would be much larger than hobby metal detecting

There is a guy in our detecting club who just retired and closed shop. His picture is on the AT Pro box. He said selling hobby detectors is not where he made money. It was the walk through detectors that kept the store open. He sold them and rented them.

Personally I think Garrett is moving in the right direction with a multifrequency detector. I was surprised their first entry was in the Ace line instead of their AT line, but it is obvious that will be next.

I hope Fisher releases something similar in the near future and doesn't go down like Whites.

Personally I think Garrett is moving in the right direction with a multifrequency detector. I was surprised their first entry was in the Ace line instead of their AT line, but it is obvious that will be next.

I hope Fisher releases something similar in the near future and doesn't go down like Whites.

Garrett is doing the right thing and I hope Fisher stays around too!:yes:

JimR_TN: said:

I agree. I think Garrett is moving in the right direction, except I was saddened to see that they tied the new Apex up with the Ace series. The Apex is absolutely not an Ace series detector. It should represent the start on a new Apex 'series' they can build on. I'd like to see them drop the 'Ace' association, get rid of the 'Ace' on the control face and all literature and the box. It is an Apex and a very worthy new-model enhancement to the Garrett product line.

I am also hopeful that the FTP products, especially Fisher and Teknetics, are going to bring us something new and creative in the near future. I don't believe either FTP or Garrett are going to go down like White's did. That was "in the cards" for quite a while and, sadly, it was only a matter of timer. I know I was sad to see that day arrive since I have been using White's detectors since the summer of '68.

metaladdict: said:
Garrett is doing the right thing and I hope Fisher stays around too!
I agree regarding Garrett and I also hope for the same longevity from both Fisher and Teknetics. (I'm kind of partial to the Teknetics line).

Monte

Back
Top Bottom