Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-10-2017, 07:01 PM

CB....what is that your holding with the AC on it?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Supporter

I found that down the road from my house on a old family farm that dates back to the civil war and I think even before. I didnt think much of it but my hunting partner said hey man thats pewter and its probably rev war.
Well contacted Don Trovani the rev war expert and he says no it looks more modern and the letters dont look correct. Well its pewter and I really dont know ,
He did warn me not to throw it away as new finds come to light every so often.
There was a c letters used in that time something to do with being loyal to the brits, the answer is I dont know..
Originally Posted by Camp68 View post
CB....what is that your holding with the AC on it?

Old 09-10-2017, 07:23 PM

It certainly doesn't look like anything modern to me. Either way, it's a cool find! I like your videos also. Really informative and gives one something to think about, wether it's adjustments to a machine or what to possible upgrades one may want to do. I ordered a Deus last week and can't wait to learn that machine. Anyway, thanks for your time.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I can set the tone breaks on the deus too, I don't know if you got that far with it in your learning curve. 2 TONE, 3TONE,4 TONE, 5 TONE,PITCH ,full tones And also can set the to tones to break where I want them to and also can set the pitch of the tone in those breaks. In 2.5 weeks don't know if you spent enough time with the deus. I do like the idea of trying a impact though. A adjustable machine really takes time to learn but the benefits are great , but some like simple and I get that too.
Cb
I experimented with setting the tones in the 5 tones and the 3 tones modes mode. Full tones I had not tried. Granted I am no expert with the Deus at all But I think I got really close to the settings I use with the Impact. It was a lot of fun in the field with both. I hope you get to run an Impact soon. You will truly understand...No joke and no taking away from your video.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Elite Member

That was a cool find bye the way!