Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Supporter

Default At pro and deus on 1817 site audio compared on in ground targets

Heres a look at the audio of these 2 detectors in the field on undisturbed targets and see how they respond to them . This is the toughest place ive ever seen to hunt.. In the field videos are way harder to do than the test garden videos.. This video gives the at pro a fair shake so don't go getting your nooses ready for my neck just yet. This video will show it has a lot to do with user preference too of the tones you prefer..
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2017, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Good video CD. That Deus definitely squeals out when it hits nonferrous! Is there going to be more, like a part 2? Looks like you cut it off before you were finished with the whole test.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:05 PM
Elite Member

So a $1500 detector and a $500 detector signalled these targets as non iron. Ok.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Elite Member

CB
This is one of you better vids. I came from ATP and Etrac. ATP in good hands finds stuff just fine. My bud today got one of the best V nickles I have seen. I run the Impact and have my tones set up similar to you run on the Deus. Except with the Impact I can do what you do in 4 different target slots that are distinct from each other. I had Deus for 2.5 weeks and set it up as close as I could to my Impact. Deus ran good but the scale they use was running too close between real good targets and bad targets. I will PM you the scale difference so you can see where the difficulty lies. Impact has a huge spread where Deus is really tiny. I have been running Impact in this mode only for the last 3 weekends and it has been killer. This is not to hijack your thread because you are on the right path. You need to run an Impact soon!!! In my opinion it is a Deus and ATP slayer just about anywhere. it is unbelievably accurate and a deep seeker. I am buying an AT max when they become mainstream because of the waterproof design. I come from an ATP and it works. I hunt fresh water here and don't want to kill my Impact.

Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 PM

I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not.............

That's all I heard. Did I miss something?

Old 09-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Elite Member

^^^^^. That's what I heard..

Old 09-10-2017, 04:50 PM

Ok so the Deus screams at you, and the ATP is more mellow. I didnt see anything earth shattering in that video that would justify the $1000 price difference....

Now turn the CTX on and run it through there...

Old 09-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Elite Member

Think you missed a lot. Chill a little... I think this is on the right target. The vid was good and yeah, the Deus was tweaked but to bang on "Non-Ferrous". But ATP still runs and runs good. The ATP is limited on audio. I know I owned one!!! I am still an ATP fan except now I run the Nokta Impact as my only hunting machine. I run 4 Tones and It wiil suck the headlights from Deus and ATP on Tones and Targets. PERIOD!!!! I got to run a Deus for 2.5 weeks. I set it up to run like my Impact as best as I could. There was no comparison with target ID and separation. ZIP, nada zero....

Originally Posted by chillforlife View post
I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not, I'm awesome, you're not.............

That's all I heard. Did I miss something?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:07 PM
Elite Member

I hunted next to my best hunting partner today and he hunts with his ATpro .
He found the best "V" nickle I have ever seen!!! Moral to story is....A good tool used well is better than one never used at all. I am proud of him and his finds!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Supporter

got one setting right here behind me gonna do some testing with it too. You didn't see anything first of all because you didn't want to see anything....... as far as the ctx goes in that situation its not gonna be at the top of its game.
Originally Posted by jl1252 View post
Ok so the Deus screams at you, and the ATP is more mellow. I didnt see anything earth shattering in that video that would justify the $1000 price difference....

Now turn the CTX on and run it through there...

Last edited by calabash digger; 09-10-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:18 PM
Elite Member

CB did a good job with this video to state how well Deus alerts on NON-Ferrous.
I want him to Venture into Nokta Impact territory soon... Might be a game changer.... I already know, as do some others.....

Old 09-10-2017, 05:20 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by mudwhale View post
I hunted next to my best hunting partner today and he hunts with his ATpro .
He found the best "V" nickle I have ever seen!!! Moral to story is....A good tool used well is better than one never used at all. I am proud of him and his finds!
Curious, why do you own a gtax550?

Old 09-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Elite Member

I think this is one of CB's better Video posts yet. Good job so far CB!!

Old 09-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by metaladdict View post
Curious, why do you own a gtax550?
It's the machine my brother gave me just before he died. Any other questions???

Old 09-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Elite Member

And the GTAX 550 still works great. It's a fall back and remembrance....

Old 09-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by mudwhale View post
It's the machine my brother gave me just before he died. Any other questions???
Nope,thats it.

Old 09-10-2017, 05:59 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
Heres a look at the audio of these 2 detectors in the field on undisturbed targets and see how they respond to them . This is the toughest place ive ever seen to hunt.. In the field videos are way harder to do than the test garden videos.. This video gives the at pro a fair shake so don't go getting your nooses ready for my neck just yet. This video will show it has a lot to do with user preference too of the tones you prefer..
Deus has better target alert sound forsure!!

Old 09-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Elite Member

Yes Deus can be tweeked for audio. I'm hoping CB ponies up to an Impact soon.... This will be a game changer....

Old 09-10-2017, 06:25 PM
Elite Member

Impact has in the DI4 mode, 4 Levels of what CB shows in only 2. He has Iron and "Non ferrous". Impact has 4 levels of discreet metals. 1) Iron/junk, 2) "Lower Non ferrous". 3) middle "Non Ferrous" 4) "silver only" This machine runs pretty much bullet proof. Big wide scale and can be adjusted the way you like tones, ID's and notched tones and IDs. I have used both machines and in my opinion Impact is the machine I will use anytime....

Old 09-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Supporter

I can set the tone breaks on the deus too, I don't know if you got that far with it in your learning curve. 2 TONE, 3TONE,4 TONE, 5 TONE,PITCH ,full tones And also can set the to tones to break where I want them to and also can set the pitch of the tone in those breaks. In 2.5 weeks don't know if you spent enough time with the deus. I do like the idea of trying a impact though. A adjustable machine really takes time to learn but the benefits are great , but some like simple and I get that too.