Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Supporter

Question Best Places to Service/Repair DFX?

Hi guys,

I just paid for a used DFX with which has some sort of a software issue (only problem as far as I know). Unit will probably not arrive for another week but is supposed to be in overall great condition based on the photos I saw. Any tips as far as factory resets etc? Also, If I need to service it, which place is the best to Service/Repair DFX units?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Rigoler012

Old 09-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Supporter

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/de...ervice-center/

Old 09-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Supporter

Thank you. I'm just wondering if Kellyco or another sponsor company would do the same at a cheaper price. Unless it is advisable to just go with the manufacturer for repairs.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Rigoler012 View post
Thank you. I'm just wondering if Kellyco or another sponsor company would do the same at a cheaper price. Unless it is advisable to just go with the manufacturer for repairs.
You're welcome... you're in Mass, the Authorized Service Center in the link I sent you is in VA, but you want to send your detector to Fla?

Cheaper isn't always better, I'd be more concerned with it being fixed properly, and by someone who has the correct parts.

Old 09-09-2017, 06:27 PM

Hi guys,

I just paid for a used DFX with which has some sort of a software issue (only problem as far as I know). Unit will probably not arrive for another week but is supposed to be in overall great condition based on the photos I saw. Any tips as far as factory resets etc? Also, If I need to service it, which place is the best to Service/Repair DFX units?

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Rigoler012
Send it to Centreville Electronics in Manassas Va. You can check out his website for info on sending it in. Bob will fix ya right up!

Old 09-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Sponsor

Kellyco is not an authorized Whites repair center so they would not have any Whites parts to work with.

Old 09-16-2017, 06:35 PM
Elite Member

What exactly did they say was wrong with it and what did you pay for a dead DFX hope not more than $100!

1 members found this post helpful.

Tags
dfx, repair, white's