So Florida is in panic mode...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Parts of it, anyway.
Supplies are low, gas is low and every road going north is a parking lot.

My sister lives in Crystal River which is about 80 miles north of Clearwater and she is sticking it out in her home which is solidly built.
She is in an evacuation area but the actual main part of town up the road from her tends to flood with a little too much water but her property is slightly higher so it never has...yet.
They have a whole house generator so if power goes out they are good but she and her husband are really worried about some big trees a little too close to the house.
Right now predictions are 30-40 mph winds for her area with gusts up to 70-80 but with a little bad luck it might get much worse than that.
Doesn't matter how well built her home is it can still be destroyed by this event in so many ways.

She said she talked to a lady in town yesterday morning at a store who drove up there to stay with relatives from Naples the day before.
Normally a 240 mile less than 4 hours trip mostly up I75 but it took them 10 1/2 hours...and it is way worse now.
I think there is probably a line of cars from way into Georgia all the way south along the whole state.
Parts of Georgia are evacuating now too.
I guess you have to drive to Atlanta than go west to get away from this thing or at least get to the panhandle and get your butt west from there.
The news says there are a ton of people filling up Alabama right now, motel and hotel rooms are filling up fast even here.

I hope everyone of you guys to the east and south of me comes through ok...there is going to be a ton of damage which is bad but losing your life is worse.

Back
Top Bottom