Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Show Me Treasure
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Old 09-06-2017, 10:01 PM

Way too cool Gauntlet and great job building it🙂

Old 09-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Elite Member

That is quite an accomplisment, you should be proud!
I have been looking into RV's lately, it seems to me that for about $20-$25K you could have a place to live with no taxes, no show shoveling and no lawn mowing

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:15 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by normx2 View post
Way too cool Gauntlet and great job building it🙂
Thanks Norm!

Originally Posted by matmit View post
That is quite an accomplisment, you should be proud!
I have been looking into RV's lately, it seems to me that for about $20-$25K you could have a place to live with no taxes, no show shoveling and no lawn mowing
Thanks! I spent a little more than that on the bus, but $10K of it was solar (Panels, batteries, charge controller, 3,000 watt sine-wave inverter), but I didn't shop anything used, everything new.

Old 09-06-2017, 10:37 PM
Supporter

I'd been asked about bathroom facilities. I only have a grey water tank, no black (solid waste). I didn't want to be tied to finding a dump station when the time came, and grey water was just dish water, shower water ran onto ground where I could, where I couldn't I caught it in a bucket and dumped it into the grey tank.

I built a composting toilet (I think the site is humanure.com, or something to that effect), that's a fancy way of saying a 5 gallon bucket, then covering it (after use) with sawdust or peatmoss. You don't smell a thing, I've had people in here 5 minutes after use, and asked them....not one said they could. LOL...and sorry, but I was asked.

Bucket is under lid, double bagged, side bins were sawdust storage. In the pic I was still painting/finishing. I now have a skunk hide hanging in the corner, and there's a little light behind the outhouse door
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Supporter

Talking

You could use something like this for those long treks hunting in the fields

Name:  outhousebike.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  8.5 KB

John 3:5 Acts 2:38
Navy Vet

Old 09-07-2017, 02:24 AM
Elite Member

I've been thinking of picking up a used motor home and rebuild it myself. I see you said yours was a diesel , what type Diesel engine do you have. That's one thing I've been mulling over in my head , is what type engine to use for best MPG's. Ideally for me is , I'd like to be able to extend the bady similar to yours, but I'd like to be able to haul a 4 wheeler and one of my Harley's . The 4 wheeler because I'd like to hit some mountainous areas. I love being out in the wild.
You've done a really nice job on yours.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:16 AM
Supporter

Awesome! Amazing! I Love It! That kind of project involves so many varieties of skill sets...let alone the thinking and figuring gymnastics...yes indeed you are a Master Tinkerer! Excelsior!
I am trying to offload and roll out of here ...like the boys are saying...just roll and follow the Monarch Butterflies and Hummingbirds....there aint any clad around here anymore to stay here all year round... I'll keep having weekly Moving Sales until all of this stuff is gone or donated or the House sells...

I gotta party with YOU someday Cowboy! Maybe see you on the road someday!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:34 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by GKL View post
You could use something like this for those long treks hunting in the fields

Originally Posted by hawgdawg View post
I've been thinking of picking up a used motor home and rebuild it myself. I see you said yours was a diesel , what type Diesel engine do you have. That's one thing I've been mulling over in my head , is what type engine to use for best MPG's. Ideally for me is , I'd like to be able to extend the bady similar to yours, but I'd like to be able to haul a 4 wheeler and one of my Harley's . The 4 wheeler because I'd like to hit some mountainous areas. I love being out in the wild.
You've done a really nice job on yours.
I'd look carefully at how RVs are built (stick and staple), was a big reason I went with the bus.

International 360 DTA (after-cooled turbo), not a powerhouse, but dependable. It can easily keep-up at interstate speeds, but a long incline will knock a bit of wind out of it's sails.

You can always pull a trailer, I did with the bus. I built the deck in part to house 2- propane tanks under one bench, and a generator under the other.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Mud-puppy View post
Awesome! Amazing! I Love It! That kind of project involves so many varieties of skill sets...let alone the thinking and figuring gymnastics...yes indeed you are a Master Tinkerer! Excelsior!
I am trying to offload and roll out of here ...like the boys are saying...just roll and follow the Monarch Butterflies and Hummingbirds....there aint any clad around here anymore to stay here all year round... I'll keep having weekly Moving Sales until all of this stuff is gone or donated or the House sells...

I gotta party with YOU someday Cowboy! Maybe see you on the road someday!
Thanks Mud! I was fortunate in taking after Dad in that aspect.

Bus is either '91 or '92 (lol, can't remember), I bought in '08 for $2500, with 67,000 miles, and the guy delivered it from KY.

I never realized how "cluttered" my life was, until I started un-cluttering it. I still have a little more to go.

Look me up, 1st round's on me. Hope you like mason jars