Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-02-2017, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
Heres a 399.00 detector out performing a 600.00 one. oh thats right the pro is water proof. What percent of people actually use the pro in water? Hhe also has a video where he compares the ace 350 to land ranger bounty hunter you might wann check that out too.
To answer your question I use the AT Pro in water just as much as I use it on land, and you won't miss targets if you are going at a normal pace. If you hear 3 separate targets it would be logical to slow down and check each one of them out and not just skip THREE targets just because one of them might be bad. So while the video does show that if you are going fast you may miss the silver, but it also shows the machine picking up 3 separate targets and any real detectorist would do a more thorough check of those targets and find the silver.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:52 AM
Supporter

In your honest opinion does that video show the at pro has problems?
Didn't watch it, know why? I don't care. I buy/use what I like, and leave others to their own preference. I'm not here to save those poor souls from the evil ATP.

I think you should follow the other posters suggestion, and get a girlfriend

Carry on though, this is the best laugh I've had in a while.....

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Supporter

the guy was swinging slow and at a normal swing speed. You would have never heard the dime. So if you make a mistake and swing a smig just to fast your out of luck. Ive tested the pro and hunted with one it was the detector that I became a serious relic hunter with. I have done extensive testing with it and hunting and that video shows the major problem with it.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Supporter

The problem is you THINK you are telling the signals apart go watch the video and come back and post. That video should unnerve you .
Ok, I watched that portion of the video. In that test that he performs, the other detector is certainly picking out the dime better than the AT Pro. However, that doesn't unnerve me one bit because I dig most solid/iffy signals anyway. I would have dug all three targets regardless of which detector I was using. If the goal is to cherry pick silver dimes amongst nickels, then I believe you have a point. That's just not my style of hunting. Those coins are also just laying on the floor; I wonder if burying them would alter the test results?

Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Supporter

wow dont care then why you posting on this thread?
Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
Didn't watch it, know why? I don't care. I buy/use what I like, and leave others to their own preference. I'm not here to save those poor souls from the evil ATP.

I think you should follow the other posters suggestion, and get a girlfriend

Carry on though, this is the best laugh I've had in a while.....

Old 09-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Elite Member

Okay, some may have seen this.
But aqua chigger is using and talks about final version At Max.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t3ihARV03Ww

Old 09-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Supporter

wow dont care then why you posting on this thread?
I always enjoyed watching a dog chase its tail.....

Old 09-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by twizzlerlord View post
To answer your question I use the AT Pro in water just as much as I use it on land, and you won't miss targets if you are going at a normal pace. If you hear 3 separate targets it would be logical to slow down and check each one of them out and not just skip THREE targets just because one of them might be bad. So while the video does show that if you are going fast you may miss the silver, but it also shows the machine picking up 3 separate targets and any real detectorist would do a more thorough check of those targets and find the silver.
Agree.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:00 AM
Supporter

You will have the same effect if you swing thur modern trash ,iron etc Its funny how we all watch the same video and see different things.
take your dime out in the yard and get some junk targets too not just nickles and watch the dime go bye bye. Like I said you think you are telling all the targets apart. Not a hard test to do anyone can do it.that is assuming that they want to REALLY know whats going on.
Originally Posted by Bagelbites View post
Ok, I watched that portion of the video. In that test that he performs, the other detector is certainly picking out the dime better than the AT Pro. However, that doesn't unnerve me one bit because I dig most solid/iffy signals anyway. I would have dug all three targets regardless of which detector I was using. If the goal is to cherry pick silver dimes amongst nickels, then I believe you have a point. That's just not my style of hunting. Those coins are also just laying on the floor; I wonder if burying them would alter the test results?

Old 09-02-2017, 01:05 AM
Supporter

You cant investigate what you can hear....
Originally Posted by twizzlerlord View post

Old 09-02-2017, 01:06 AM

You cant investigate what you can hear....
The three different tones were clearly audible...

Old 09-02-2017, 01:12 AM

[QUOTE=calabash digger;2823997]The problem is you THINK you are telling the signals apart go watch the video and come back and post. That video should unnerve you .[/QUOTE]

You know what's unnerving ? As I ride through my city of Houston and see homes destroyed. That is unnerving. As I ride through my city and I see shelters full of displaced people with no place to go they can call their own. That is unnerving. As I go to my clients homes and they're in tears because they are stacking all of their furniture and once valuable antiques in the yard to be taken to the dump. Valuable keepsakes that are 80-90 years old they got from a deceased grandparent have been destroyed. That is unnerving.

You on the other hand, starting threads looking for validity from one single individual over your displeasure with a certain metal detector. You're a clown with your dog and pony show via videos. You're obviously out of touch with reality and truly don't have a clue how little no one cares about your opinion. Tune in to the ATP owners who have posted. Theme stays the same. They're happy. Meanwhile your espousing the unnerving of a detector video. SMH.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-02-2017, 01:13 AM
Supporter

Ok if you say so twizzerlord, Did the patriot out perform the at pro on that test? A person digging in heavy trash is in trouble where there is hundreds of targets there was nothing in the audio to stop you to investigate if you were looking for high conducters.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:19 AM
Supporter

Sorry about your loss down that way metal detecting is a hobby and getting on the forums and having heated discussions about detectors ,well I think its good and we all learn from it but yes as you said what happened down there is TRULY unnerving.
I hope you guys recover down there and heal from your losses.
Metal detecting is not my life and having me down on a detector dont take that personal I have a opinion just like all others do and they vary. I get on the forums and cut up and to relax and to escape the harsh realitys life throws us sometimes. [QUOTE=kajunman;2824018]
The problem is you THINK you are telling the signals apart go watch the video and come back and post. That video should unnerve you .[/QUOTE]

You know what's unnerving ? As I ride through my city of Houston and see homes destroyed. That is unnerving. As I ride through my city and I see shelters full of displaced people with no place to go they can call their own. That is unnerving. As I go to my clients homes and they're in tears because they are stacking all of their furniture and once valuable antiques in the yard to be taken to the dump. Valuable keepsakes that are 80-90 years old they got from a deceased grandparent have been destroyed. That is unnerving.

You on the other hand, starting threads looking for validity from one single individual over your displeasure with a certain metal detector. You're a clown with your dog and pony show via videos. You're obviously out of touch with reality and truly don't have a clue how little no one cares about your opinion. Tune in to the ATP owners who have posted. Theme stays the same. They're happy. Meanwhile your espousing the unnerving of a detector video. SMH.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:21 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by kajunman View post

And the funny thing is, he does it on at least 2 other forums

Old 09-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Supporter

tesoro is next ! you missed one its 3.. You guys have a good night thanks for the discussion.

Old 09-02-2017, 01:34 AM
Supporter

tesoro is next ! you missed one its 3.. You guys have a good night thanks for the discussion.
Knock yourself out, hopefully the soreness in my stomach muscles from laughing at you will lessen by then. That way I can start all over

And work on your reading comprehension in between your ATP fits, I said "at least 2", so I "missed" nothing.

I can tell how impressed with your opinion they are there. The top and bottom are your video comments.....oops, I guess there aren't any. At least they give you the attention you deserve.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2017, 01:47 AM

there are certain tests where my f2 will in some ways you could say does better than my at pro like when you line up coins the f2 is amazing but the tone roll and proportionality is so much more useful to me i pick the atpro every time i also like the fact that the atpro favors nickels in a coin spill because i am after gold; people get too worked up by so called tests you can design a test to show whatever you want .most test i see are by people with an agenda ,there is great information out there you just need to read between the lines

Old 09-02-2017, 09:39 AM
Supporter

My agenda is simply this to show the at pro has a problem like it or hate it that's the way it is. People don't like me pointing out the weaknesses of the pro its beloved by many still doesn't change the fact that on land its no better than a average detector. You can attack me personally I don't care ,you can show videos stats where I have comments disabled , and on and on . You will never change the fact that the pro is average and there are WAY better detectors in its price range IF your not water hunting . Those are the facts disregard test and pretend it has great performance in separation and has great depth and all that other stuff that is easily disproved. The thing cant even see a silver dime in between two nickles 4 inchs apart with a average sweep speed it don't take no rocket scientist to figure that out that's a BIG issue. come on people

Old 09-02-2017, 09:45 AM
Supporter

oh yeah here is a video with a garrett tester testing the pro check it out around the 5. 30 mark. Great recovery speed ??