Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Supporter

Default How can a 9 inch coil air test this deep??

I did a little air test with my 9 inch coil how can it be this deep??
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Sponsor

Oh it can be deeper...

loses 3-4" in my soil though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

-
|
discount code A1466 |
-
-
-

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:31 PM
Elite Member

Please ...........do your research!

GARRETT AT MAX COIL TO THE SOIL DEPTH TEST (video) I am honored that you are following me around with your Douce. You have some interesting comparisons. The AT MAX was not designed to beat out other metal detectors. Depth alone should never be the number one reason for purchasing a metal detector, just as speed is not the number one reason for purchasing a car. However......for the cost of the MAX vs, the DOUCE, you sure get a lot of bang for your buck, plus it's made in USA and works as good in water as on land. Problems with unit? Repaired quickly in USA. Keep up your fine work.

If you had watched the recent video, you would have seen a test of a Merc. dime in the ground, getting whispers of a signal at 12" in true all metal mode, which still gives you a VDI number, (not accurate at great depths) plus the ability use iron audio to rule out iron.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:47 AM

The Deus air tests real deep, the high audio gain is ok if the outgoing signal can penetrate deep into the ground like CD's easy soil.
Other units like the R2 are the same, it air tests to the moon, but it must be just amping up the weak signal with audio gain.

The Deus losses easily 50% on small silver in my soil compared to air tests, a unit that has a stronger tx go's deeper for me over an amped up audio gain unit.

Look at the air test on this machine, you'd think to yourself your going to be digging to China, but it called small silver as iron after 8", digging deeeep iron soon gets old.

https://youtu.be/3nrnJOGuF-c

Old 08-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Elite Member

HF coil will help with extending this depth.
Also you might be surprised at how many smaller coins are actually sitting somewhat shallower, and you've swept over and never heard or heard iron tone.

Old 08-30-2017, 09:14 AM
Supporter

I have been watching your post and you are very correct about that! I saw your all metal depth test but I am still waiting on you depth test on the AT MAX in zero mode a disc mode . I also saw that misleading video where you said you found flour gold with the AT max too.What a joke a 13 kh machine finding flour gold.. I didn't call you on it because the other guys on that forum did. You have in your charts that the max air test 9 inchs on a dime , I did present that information correctly didn't I??? Garrett said the max had a substantial depth increase over the previous at series.. Wanting to see that in a real test not like the hoover boys test couldn't tell from it. You know how much it is but havent showed it wonder why?? To be honest I'm very tired of hype and my friends are too. I have a couple friends in their 70s and they get sucked in on misleading info and spend their money .. tired of it. You know about 6 or 8 months ago you said on another forum when I commented on something that( there was no such thing as a better detector ) I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. I wish I could find it because I would post the link to it. You were defending your position to the newbies others know better. WHY?? to get them to buy garrett products .. HYPE sick of it.. I have showed why the deus is a better value than buying a couple at series machines (unless you need a dedicated water machine) ... I'm waiting on the max to be released will put it against the gold and pro and will see the depth increase and how the (ENHANCED ELECTRONICS WORK) ... But going back to the earlier point since there is no such thing as a better detector why should people spend their hard earned money on at max/?? Btw Its not just depth that the deus outclasses the at series on! wireless,weight, recovery speed, DEPTH,multiple frequency, multiple tonal setups, etc.. as for the other comments about the deus and depth its just a air test that's it and depth will vary in everyones soils but I don't really know of a deeper digital machine out there might be one but I don't know of it.
Originally Posted by John-Edmonton View post
Please ...........do your research!

GARRETT AT MAX COIL TO THE SOIL DEPTH TEST (video) I am honored that you are following me around with your Douce. You have some interesting comparisons. The AT MAX was not designed to beat out other metal detectors. Depth alone should never be the number one reason for purchasing a metal detector, just as speed is not the number one reason for purchasing a car. However......for the cost of the MAX vs, the DOUCE, you sure get a lot of bang for your buck, plus it's made in USA and works as good in water as on land. Problems with unit? Repaired quickly in USA. Keep up your fine work.

If you had watched the recent video, you would have seen a test of a Merc. dime in the ground, getting whispers of a signal at 12" in true all metal mode, which still gives you a VDI number, (not accurate at great depths) plus the ability use iron audio to rule out iron.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:50 AM
Supporter

Great video Craig! It will not impress some because depth is overated... They need to go tell that to the octagon flint lock rifile barrel I found yesterday.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:34 AM
Elite Member

Well,
In encourage all folks on this forum, when they mention or talk about a model detector,,,,please try to use correct spelling, model number.

If you don't do this.
Could do one of 2 things.
Confuse folks.
Or could show prejudice towards a unit.

Neither is good IMO.

Cheers.

I like all metal detectors, some serve me better for my needs.
I may have the At Max too.
Will wait for the surge of those ordering to subside though, then just maybe.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 AM

I had yet to do an air test with the Deus on UK coins, very interesting in comparison to the Rutus on the same coins, Rutus was getting a bit more.
I know some folk don't rate the Rutus, i saw DetectingMo's vid the other day on it, but i find it a sold performer for my sites, runs super smooth in my soil, even in the air test it's dead quiet compared to the Deus.
Really comes down to what floats your boat !

Deus 11" coil
https://youtu.be/5ze1jKoQYb4

Rutus 11" coil.
https://youtu.be/IT25ENXGO9A

Old 08-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Supporter

this is your chart correct?
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Elite Member

I actually really liked the Deus vs. AT Pro video. To take the time to show that the performance and price of a Ferrari really does outperform a reliable Toyota Camry.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:30 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Curbdog View post
Ferrari really does outperform a reliable Toyota Camry.
More like a Ferrari VS a Jeep...

And with that said, so what? A jeep can go anywhere a Ferrari can, but a Ferrari can't even come close to where a jeep can go...

The world is mostly water, so..

<)))>{

Old 08-30-2017, 11:48 AM
Supporter

I'm not gonna start with the garrett crowd today. If you want to but 2 or 3 at series you can its your money. If you want to buy one detector that out performs all three put together than buy a deus. If you want a dedicated water machine buy a at series. Its your money, as for the videos yes it shows the deus outperforming the at series as it should......

Old 08-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Supporter

What's the big deal what detectors other people use? You love your deus they love their AT PROs... so?

For every claim a person makes about the deus the same claims can be made by at pro users....so

And you of all people should know air tests dont mean jack in the real world of metal detecting, too many variables.. does a better air test mean a better metal detector in the real world hunting scenarios? No... so...you made your point, but why whine when people have differing opinions? "

" If you want to but 2 or 3 at series you can its your money. If you want to buy one detector that out performs all three put together than buy a deus."

People buy what they want and can AFFORD...so you could afford a deus, maybe they have other responsibilites, or maybe they dont care as much as you and are in the hobby to have FUN not make it their mission to prove everyone else wrong.

I've been complimenting your videos, but you Deus guys are getting annoying with your constant barage of "deus is best" posts.... we get it, you like your deus...

But get this...we like our AT Pros... no one is wrong, just different wants, needs and desires, so what?

I think my 3030 is the absolute best overall machine on the market...is that FACT? Yes, it is to ME...because it does everything I NEED it to do in ANY environment that I choose to detect.

I've hunted next to giys with any machine you can think of and always held my own, regardless of what machine I used. Does that mean that machine that outperformed those machines THAT day is better? No...

I can likewise show my 3030 outperform a Deus... so what , does that mean it's "better?" According to your last statement in your post leads me to believe you think so.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:59 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I'm not gonna start with the garrett crowd today.
Too late bro...

You called em out. .

<)))>{
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 12:07 PM
Elite Member

I'm trying to think how someone could pull off the comparison and not come off as elitist and braggadocio. Maybe compare like-priced units?

For 3 times the price do I get over 3 times the depth?

In this hobby, one man's ceiling is another mans floor. Everyone doesn't have $1000+ to sling on a detector. There's nothing humble about bashing a cheaper unit to prop up why one decided to pay out money the next man may not have.

Maybe examine just why you're in this hobby.

HH

Old 08-30-2017, 12:09 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
I'm not gonna start with the garrett crowd today. If you want to but 2 or 3 at series you can its your money.
My ATP is only one machine, how is it that it can hunt every place your Deus does, and many more places it can't? You're praising it's versatility, but your comparing a silver spoon, to a Swiss army knife here...

I like how affordable they are, yet can do almost anything any other machine can...

On top of all that, the ATP hits chains, and small broken gold rings like NO other standard land or water machine.

Your ball...

<)))>{

Old 08-30-2017, 12:19 PM
Elite Member

Just to add...

You're using the ATP and ATM as your benchmark, like many do, when comparing the performance of the best machines..

Garrett has set the benchmark, glad you recognize that!

Sorry, now it's your ball..

<)))>{
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Supporter

buy what you want it doesn't make a difference to me. Not long ago I myself was looking for a UPGRADE was it to be the mx sport? a deus? or what? If someone has a at pro and wants a upgrade what should it be mx sport? at gold ? at max? or deus? .. I think about how hard it was for me to decide. So my videos are geared toward showing the features of the deus to showcase how versatile it is for someone looking for a machine or to upgrade a machine. As for the AT SERIES I seen guys say some pretty amazing things about it and make some real big claims about it even put up against the deus. My videos disprove such claims. I do like my deus but let one come along that outperforms it and see what I'm swinging then. If you don't like my videos don't watch and if you use at series they will probably just hurt your feelings. If that's all you can afford I understand I used the pro myself till I saved enough money to get a upgrade and by all means if your not serious about the hobby don't drop a ton of money on a detector... You guys can call it calling out if you want but the real calling out is coming at you guys who use the at series and claim this and that about it...and how it performs with detectors that cost twice as much and on and on..

Old 08-30-2017, 01:13 PM

Just keep on with what you're doing CB. You do more thorough testing than anyone I've seen and I for one have learned a lot about tuning things up. The "snarkiness" was started by the other side, not by you.

HH to all.