Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Sunspot Scoops
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Member Contests > Ended Contests Archive

Reply
  
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:34 PM
tman00220's Avatar
tman00220 tman00220 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 60
Default

201g. Thanks for the contest!

__________________
Garrett ACE 250, AT Pro & GPP

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-16-2017, 01:48 PM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

man your really picking up the pace, you better slow down here soon or you will pass my guess!!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-16-2017, 03:29 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by tman00220 View post
201g. Thanks for the contest!
Another person WAY LATE to the party. Sorry

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-16-2017, 03:36 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
man your really picking up the pace, you better slow down here soon or you will pass my guess!!
Slow down? I will try my best. Tomorrow and Friday I will concentrate on pull tab and shot gun shell head stamps. Will see if that rotten heavy yellow stuff appears.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
Slow down? I will try my best. Tomorrow and Friday I will concentrate on pull tab and shot gun shell head stamps. Will see if that rotten heavy yellow stuff appears.
knowing you there would still be a gold ring stuck to your shoes on the way out haha
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-20-2017, 10:52 AM
X-Terra70's Avatar
X-Terra70 X-Terra70 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 1,881
Default

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
man your really picking up the pace, you better slow down here soon or you will pass my guess!!
My thoughts exactly! The current total is only 45g from my guess! It just takes one heavy necklace to surpass it!

__________________

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25
Oldest Coin: 1877 English Penny
2017 totals: $1203.06AUD (443x$2, 204x$1, 60x50c, 180x20c, 263x10c, 354x5c, 87x2c, 132x1c) and 56 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-22-2017, 06:17 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Today we found 7.01 of 18K.



Total is now 193.41

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:32 PM
cellrdwellr's Avatar
cellrdwellr cellrdwellr is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Worcester County, MA
Posts: 8,387
Default

That sailors chain really threw a large wrench in your total ! The contest continues for over another 30 days correct? Nice job there scuba!

__________________
☆ML Etrac 2017☆
*W-469~IH-53~2CP-6~LC-10~HC-2*
•Silva-102~Ster-28~Halfs-4•
☆2-Shield~15-V's~18-Buff☆

Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-24-2017, 06:44 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
That sailors chain really threw a large wrench in your total ! The contest continues for over another 30 days correct? Nice job there scuba!
Correct. Ends Sept 30th. That evening or before if I stop detecting we will have a winner.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-28-2017, 07:06 AM
romyrome's Avatar
romyrome romyrome is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Westminster CA
Posts: 1,104
Default

223 grams

__________________
Garret AT Pro-Gold & Excalibur Sword. Oldest Coin= 1887 IH, 68 Silver Coins, Rings=70, 40 Silver, 18 Gold, 2 Platinum

Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:23 AM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by romyrome View post
223 grams
You are very late to join. Better luck next contest someone has.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-29-2017, 10:14 AM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
Correct. Ends Sept 30th. That evening or before if I stop detecting we will have a winner.
well I vote you find 18.59 more grams then call it a season.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-29-2017, 11:43 AM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
well I vote you find 18.59 more grams then call it a season.
If you read the first page of rules, you needed to have your guess in by June 30th. I gave everyone about a month to join in. Sorry you missed it.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
If you read the first page of rules, you needed to have your guess in by June 30th. I gave everyone about a month to join in. Sorry you missed it.
I already did, my vote was 211 grams long ago. Thats why i'm telling you to slow down and find that last bit and quit so i win! haha
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:40 PM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
I already did, my vote was 211 grams long ago. Thats why i'm telling you to slow down and find that last bit and quit so i win! haha
AHH understand now. I am trying to slow down. Going all day tomorrow and all day Friday. Maybe I will just collect bullets! NOT

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
AHH understand now. I am trying to slow down. Going all day tomorrow and all day Friday. Maybe I will just collect bullets! NOT
I don't blame you one bit! good luck
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 09-11-2017, 09:13 AM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Water is getting colder and the wind from the hurricanes really whipped up the waves on lake St. Clair. I went there twice and gave up. Being thrown around every which way while trying to stay in one spot is not fun at all.

Will see what happens this week. It won't be over 75!° and the night air is getting into the 40's. Lakes are getting cold. I might be able to wade in a few spots but I just might give up till next year after this week. We will see. Stay tuned.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 09-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
Water is getting colder and the wind from the hurricanes really whipped up the waves on lake St. Clair. I went there twice and gave up. Being thrown around every which way while trying to stay in one spot is not fun at all.

Will see what happens this week. It won't be over 75!° and the night air is getting into the 40's. Lakes are getting cold. I might be able to wade in a few spots but I just might give up till next year after this week. We will see. Stay tuned.
DO NOT GIVE UP! you can squeeze out 2 or 3 more rings for sure. I believe in you! I also believe in winning this contest, and I cant win if you quit now! haha
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 AM
ScubaDetector's Avatar
ScubaDetector ScubaDetector is offline
Freshwater Shark
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Underwater with the fishes
Posts: 9,531
Default

Originally Posted by Tpmetal View post
DO NOT GIVE UP! you can squeeze out 2 or 3 more rings for sure. I believe in you! I also believe in winning this contest, and I cant win if you quit now! haha
NOT giving up yet. Will be out this week. Just getting ready to call it a season UNFORTUNATELY.

If the weather cooperates, I will be in the water next month. Will keep hoping that is for sure. Going from over 6 grand in gold last year to over 3 grand this year is kind of gloomy though.

__________________
Please leave a ring after the beep, Thank you
Fisher CZ-21, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Etrac Website: http://www.scubadetector.com

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 09-11-2017, 10:44 AM
Tpmetal Tpmetal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 339
Default

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
NOT giving up yet. Will be out this week. Just getting ready to call it a season UNFORTUNATELY.

If the weather cooperates, I will be in the water next month. Will keep hoping that is for sure. Going from over 6 grand in gold last year to over 3 grand this year is kind of gloomy though.
I have yet to find gold that wasn't a requested recovery.... sooo pretty sure your still kicking butt in my book.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.