Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-08-2017, 12:27 AM
Supporter

Default a look at the tonal nuances of the deus for beginners.

This video is to help the new users to learn to look for the tonal nuances of the deus on round objects etc. Its informative so check it out.
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-08-2017, 12:59 AM
Elite Member

Extremely good video.
All folks new to Deus.
This video VALUABLE.

Scott.
Try a hot wheels car in a video.
Let folks here how it sounds vs a zincoln coin and a wheathead.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:04 AM
Supporter

Yeah or a piece of can slaw to look like a silver dollar and maybe they will get the point, I should have tested more junk in the video to get the point across about the audio nuances of the deus.I should have mention im using full tones too, its the most nuanced imo.

Old 09-08-2017, 01:41 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
Yeah or a piece of can slaw to look like a silver dollar and maybe they will get the point, I should have tested more junk in the video to get the point across about the audio nuances of the deus.I should have mention im using full tones too, its the most nuanced imo.
Scott,
Tell you what try this.

Don't use full tones.
Use disc 6 and 2 tones,,set the freq of the second tone up somewhat higher.
So all targets "should" or would sound the same. Right?
This will clearly show the nuance provided.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:09 AM
Elite Member

Full tones is the mutts nuts if there's not much iron about, i find it very intuitive, easy to grasp and full of info, eg 2 targets can give the same ID reading, but sound very different in the audio report, you just don't get that level of info on 2-3-4 tones etc

Old 09-08-2017, 11:07 PM

Thank you for the intro video. I ordered the Deus and it will be here next week. I know I have a lot to learn on this machine but I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks again!

Old 09-09-2017, 12:27 AM
Supporter

congrats on your new machine and if I can let me know. The deus will serve you well if you do your homework and practice with it . What type of hunting are you going to be doing?

Old 09-09-2017, 01:08 AM
Elite Member

Good video...

A very distinct difference in the tone once you know what to listen for. The ATP has a slight tone nuance but not always easy to distinguish. The whites detectors Ive owned had a recognizable smooth sound to certain targets and the tesoros Ive had with a distinctive " round " sound that is unmistakable. So much more information is given besides just a tone once a person trains their ears to hear it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:29 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by calabash digger View post
This video is to help the new users to learn to look for the tonal nuances of the deus on round objects etc. Its informative so check it out.
Good video. I know exactly what you're talking about, but I gotta say, it's really hard for me to hear it in your video. Not that the video is bad, but what you're describing to the users is actually your ability after hundreds of hours of training your ears to personally hear the nuances of the sounds.

I once tried to pull the headphones out of my rig to explain to another user why I could tell the difference in some pieces of trash, and did just what you're doing here... and they couldn't tell what I was talking about, in spite of them running the same equipment. The nuance was just too fine, and they could not, yet, differentiate between the oh-so-subtle woop verses bwoop.

Watching the video... I KNEW there was a difference you were describing, and I THOUGHT I could hear as you were talking about them, but if you just put it up there, there's no way I could have told you round or square without you telling me first. I couldn't get the "smoothness" in your personal rigs' tones (I don't use a Deus), but I can sure appreciate this with my own!

The hardest part is convincing people who cannot readily hear it, that it actually exists. Make something clear enough, and sure, everyone can recognize it. But the very very subtle... oh those are so hard, and simply require training! (and for folks who go out and swing and never THINK about the sounds they're hearing... they may never get to a point they CAN catch the subtleties.)

The Deus, and other fine noise makers really provide a whole lot of other information. I can see how with the Deus's amazing response and tonal qualities you could actually dig with just the tones alone. Ain't no way I can do tones alone on the AT Pro.

With my AT Pro, I really have to watch the VDI and see the target depth meter to garner extra data to couple with what the tones are telling me (like bounces to a high conductor that is masked by a predominant signal... which may never reach the ears in a tone). It would be really fun to have a Deus someday...

Ahhh. but the "someday." I'd probably get an Excal II first, though for saltwater. LOL

The Deus sure looks amazing.

Thanks for sharing!