Nokta Impact information

Nice finds Shari!!!
Today here in the USA, DEEP in the woods I found a Swedish "5 ORE" coin from 1884. We mostly find US coins here. A Swedish coin was odd in the woods here.
It is a Bronze coin...

Another questions. Can you explain me in simple words - what changes when I change the target ID depth? Only depth level that device display or really depth?

And what do you think about DI 2 and DI 4 search modes? I never used it before, but will try.

Gain. What level do you use? I use 80-85, but MD to noisy sometimes.

Sorry for broken English :roll:

Another questions. Can you explain me in simple words - what changes when I change the target ID depth? Only depth level that device display or really depth?

And what do you think about DI 2 and DI 4 search modes? I never used it before, but will try.

Gain. What level do you use? I use 80-85, but MD to noisy sometimes.

Sorry for broken English :roll:

Your first question,,it affects target ID reliability.

DI2 and DI4 both good modes for depth, and higher gain with these can make them noisy depending on area. Especially gain levels 95 plus.

In a heavy emi environment,,a good approach some times is use DI3 and Max the gain to 99... Impact will generally run pretty quiet here even in some bad emi.

Don't forget to try freq offset when your detector gets noisy.
The freq offset on Impact works well.

Your first question,,it affects target ID reliability.

DI2 and DI4 both good modes for depth, and higher gain with these can make them noisy depending on area. Especially gain levels 95 plus.

In a heavy emi environment,,a good approach some times is use DI3 and Max the gain to 99... Impact will generally run pretty quiet here even in some bad emi.

Don't forget to try freq offset when your detector gets noisy.
The freq offset on Impact works well.

Frequency shift works great. When that failed for me 1 time, COG mode did the trick also. I think I was hunting over a burnt coal dumping area...

Frequency shift works great. When that failed for me 1 time, COG mode did the trick also. I think I was hunting over a burnt coal dumping area...

I have this one area, where coal pile used to be,,have dig chinks of it.
Makes all my detectors go bonkers when over.

I have this one area, where coal pile used to be,,have dig chinks of it.
Makes all my detectors go bonkers when over.

Somehow, the process of the actual "burning" of the coal, brings out all the trapped iron into a higher concentration. the microscopic particles are melted into a kind of like a glob if you will. When you hit these spots you know it!!

Many of my fields are full of coke, it was used for the steam engines that powered farm machinery back in the day.
The likes of FBS machines don't react much to it, single freq machines love it, some like the Deeptech units have coke buttons to ID it.

Many of my fields are full of coke, it was used for the steam engines that powered farm machinery back in the day.
The likes of FBS machines don't react much to it, single freq machines love it, some like the Deeptech units have coke buttons to ID it.

Interesting. Most early farm engines here were "Hit and Miss" engines running on gas or kerosene.

Today finds with Impact and 20 GHz. Scythians, 7th century BC and 1-2 AD.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 298
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 291
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 296
So I got the IM40 (15" x 14") coil for the Impact and this is my impression from a short hunt with it.

It's heavy! I usually swing the 11" x 7" with the shaft fully extended, not this one.

I tried it on a non trashy beach and used the following settings after a factory reset:

Dry sand -
DI2
Gain 85
Disc 15
Freq 20kHz
Everything else as is

Results - unusable, chirping and falsing, lowered the gain to 75, then 65 and the Disc up to 25 then 35 and while it maybe (hard to tell) quietened down a tiny bit still unusable (yep, it was connected properly and the batteries were good)

Wet sand - (after a factory reset)
COG
Gain 80
Disc 15
Freq 20kHz
Everything else as is

Results were the same as above.

I was very short on time so didn't have the chance to test other settings or frequencies.
This is a fairly clean beach and the 11" x 7" coil runs pretty quiet on it.

My first thought was that the coil is faulty because I'm so used to the 11" x 7" running so quiet but I'll take it out again and see what happens with different settings.

Anybody have any experience with this coil?

Photo is for size comparison

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 279
So I got the IM40 (15" x 14") coil for the Impact and this is my impression from a short hunt with it.

It's heavy! I usually swing the 11" x 7" with the shaft fully extended, not this one.

I tried it on a non trashy beach and used the following settings after a factory reset:

Dry sand -
DI2
Gain 85
Disc 15
Freq 20kHz
Everything else as is

Results - unusable, chirping and falsing, lowered the gain to 75, then 65 and the Disc up to 25 then 35 and while it maybe (hard to tell) quietened down a tiny bit still unusable (yep, it was connected properly and the batteries were good)

Wet sand - (after a factory reset)
COG
Gain 80
Disc 15
Freq 20kHz
Everything else as is

Results were the same as above.

I was very short on time so didn't have the chance to test other settings or frequencies.
This is a fairly clean beach and the 11" x 7" coil runs pretty quiet on it.

My first thought was that the coil is faulty because I'm so used to the 11" x 7" running so quiet but I'll take it out again and see what happens with different settings.

Anybody have any experience with this coil?

Photo is for size comparison

Did you try freq shift???
I have zero experience with that monster sized coil.

Thanks for the info on the big coil. I'm getting a large coil this winter for my Impact and haven't decided which yet.

I used to love the RC40 on my Racer 2. It was heavy though.

You should have tried a frequency shift or complete change before lowering the gain that much.

Page 16 in the manual...

"To obtain maximum depth performance, to eliminate the noise caused by electromagnetic
interference, try shifting the frequency first (F. Shift). If this is not sufficient, change
the operating frequency of the device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) before lowering the gain."

Thanks for the input guys, will give freq shift a try when I take it out again and let you know how it goes.

Did you try freq shift???
I have zero experience with that monster sized coil.

You should have tried a frequency shift or complete change before lowering the gain that much.

Page 16 in the manual...

"To obtain maximum depth performance, to eliminate the noise caused by electromagnetic
interference, try shifting the frequency first (F. Shift). If this is not sufficient, change
the operating frequency of the device (5kHz/14kHz/20kHz) before lowering the gain."

Back
Top Bottom