Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 09-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Elite Member

Default Fisher F5

Anyone use one? I have an opportunity to get one dirt cheap but if it cant keep up with my explorer than whats the point? From what im reading it Looks like it has alot of good features including a threshold. Thanks everyone!

☆2-Shield~15-V's~18-Buff☆

Old 09-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Anyone use one? I have an opportunity to get one dirt cheap but if it cant keep up with my explorer than whats the point? From what im reading it Looks like it has alot of good features including a threshold. Thanks everyone!
my buddy has one..ive allways liked it...i also have an explorer , if the explorer was the only machine i had and could buy a cheap f5 id buy it...at some cellar holes filled with iron you may do better with ann f5..im not all that impressed with explorers in iron infested sites...im sure youve been to places where the threshold never returns...thats when id use the f5...buy it

Old 09-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by relichead View post
my buddy has one..ive allways liked it...i also have an explorer , if the explorer was the only machine i had and could buy a cheap f5 id buy it...at some cellar holes filled with iron you may do better with ann f5..im not all that impressed with explorers in iron infested sites...im sure youve been to places where the threshold never returns...thats when id use the f5...buy it
Thanks for the info! My only concern is depth, what kind of depths is your buddy finding coins at? I don't go to cellar holes with a minelab just a personal rule of mine lol cool im definitely considering just grabbing it. HH!

☆2-Shield~15-V's~18-Buff☆

Old 09-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by cellrdwellr View post
Thanks for the info! My only concern is depth, what kind of depths is your buddy finding coins at? I don't go to cellar holes with a minelab just a personal rule of mine lol cool im definitely considering just grabbing it. HH!
its the usual mid range depth....at pro comparable depth....(i own an atp...f5 prob deeper lol)

Old 09-04-2017, 01:32 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up

It could be your backup detector.