* Equiniox 800 .. 6 Months On *

meggie

Elite Member
I have now owned my Equinox 800 for 6 months.

These were all basically beach finds using the preset modes Beach1 & Beach2

Actual total is 150.6 grams .. one of my Daughters claimed a 3 gram ring.
Also in excess of $1500 in coins (mainly $1 & $2) were also found too.

Attachments

• DSC00012a.jpg
    DSC00012a.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 538
  • DSC00017a.jpg
    DSC00017a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 473
Beautiful finds I love my Equinox too! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So......... how many of those finds do you think your other machines might have missed? Pretty impressive considering you said you were using the presets. Who ever did the presets IMO did a pretty good job..... but there are a couple of tweaks that may bump it up a bit. Congrats on all that yellow.

I dont know whether to puke, burp, or what! :laughing: Quite a cruel picture to see first thing in the morning!:laughing:

Last edited:
So......... how many of those finds do you think your other machines might have missed? Pretty impressive considering you said you were using the presets. Who ever did the presets IMO did a pretty good job..... but there are a couple of tweaks that may bump it up a bit. Congrats on all that yellow.

I have been using a Sovereign GT for a few years prior to the Nox and have always done very well.
Yes the GT would have found most but probably not all.
Also because of the weight difference I'm able to detect for much longer now with little fatigue,which makes it much more enjoyable! .. so maybe had I been on the beach for less I might not have had so many good targets, who knows?

p.s. I'm hanging on to my GT.

Wow, that's a little over $3700AUD ($2850usd) in gold melt value. :wow: Did you have a lot of beach erosion this year?

I see you've found some 19k gold too. That's an usual purity, I haven't seen much of that around.

Wow, that's a little over $3700AUD ($2850usd) in gold melt value. :wow: Did you have a lot of beach erosion this year?

I see you've found some 19k gold too. That's an usual purity, I haven't seen much of that around.

No, in fact there has been less erosion this year than usual.
Just putting in the extra hours probably helped me .. about 100 hunts so far with the Nox,probably around 350 to 400 hours of grinding & gridding!

By the way the 19ct should read 18ct .. my mistake!

Last edited:
No, in fact there has been less erosion this year than usual.
Just putting in the extra hours probably helped me .. about 100 hunts so far with the Nox,probably around 350 to 400 hours of grinding & gridding!

By the the 19ct should read 18ct .. my mistake!

Oh ok lol, I was going to say. I barely see 19k gold and all of a sudden you rock up with 24gm! :laughing:

I will now be returning my Equinox as it seems to be defective when compared to yours!

Never to much Yellow! Great year!! And l would agree on the weigh of the Nox, if lived at the ocean n hunted the wet n dry l would own one also.

Man you could take the rest of the year off and probably come in the top 5 of $ finds of forum members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes me want to quit and throw my worthless machines in the trash. I have found a total of 4 gold rings this year with my Excalibur II. I have handed two of them back to the people who lost them. Also gave back two high school class rings that were junk metal.

But I will not quit. I will keep beating the beaches/water as long as I am able. I never know what the next target that I get the coil over just might be. The competition on my beaches is fierce but they do not find everything.

Congratulations on an Outstanding bunch of finds. Makes me wish I was at the beach this morning.

Queensland, don't call it the 'Gold coast' for nothing?

Need to get my sister to relocate down your way from Darwin.......:D

Back
Top Bottom