Anyone Hunt in St Martin?

Anthony

Going early September and will be doing some metal detecting there. Hopefully on the Dutch & the French side. Anyone ever hunt Orient Beach? Taking my NOX 800 as it will be easier to pack then my Excalibur.

I did. Can't really say much though. I had a couple of hours and found a few coins. My Nox was pretty chatty in the water. Report back if you have the same issue. When I was their the main beach was still closed so be sure you know what is open, or what has been open. No need to hit a beach that they just opened back up.

BCD

Going early September and will be doing some metal detecting there. Hopefully on the Dutch & the French side. Anyone ever hunt Orient Beach? Taking my NOX 800 as it will be easier to pack then my Excalibur.

I just met a fella that bought a place there. He has a CTX and Excal. He said, he met two other locals that waterhunt with ML equipment and there are dozens that have dry sand machines. He said every time a cruise ship comes to port, he sees tourists hunting the beaches.....Orient, Baie de Grand Case, Dawn, and of course Great Bay by the Port. Once the cruise ships leave, the locals head out, usually in the evening. He also mentioned seeing some of the hotel staff go out at night to metal detect, which is prime time since chairs and such are cleared out of the way.

Personally I'd bring the Excalibur and stick to water hunting. There is less competition and far less trash to sort through. Use P/P mode to punch deep and you might find more than just recent drops. Best of luck. Let us know how you do!

Last edited:
I posted about St Martin when commenting on the thread called "Caribbean Hunters Question?". If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer. I would also vouch for the water hunting. Nothing special but lots of francs and centimes.

Back
Top Bottom