New member from Southeast Ks.

AceDetector

Hi I am John and new to metal detecting. Picked up a used Ace 250 and Pro pointer to get started. Thanks for letting me join.

Hi John,

Pull up a chair and make yourself at home!

If you need any help getting around the forum, let me know.

Carol K

Welcome from Wichita. Glad to see you made it. I think that you will find that this is the best metal detecting forum on the webb.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum,
from the Ozarks, in Arkansas.

Lots of good people on this forum.
Since you didn't mention if you had a digging tool of any sort, I recommend you don't skimp on the quality of one, as poorly made ones usually do not hold up. Obtain good ones in the beginning, as it will save you a lot of headaches, and money, always having to replace them.

Welcome from WV!

Sounds like your off to a good start, I agree about getting a good quality digger.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Welcome. My name is John and I too am from S.E. KS. I've been back metal detecting after a 35 year lay off. But retired now and really enjoying the hobby again.

:welcome2: from the Great Black Swamp in NW Ohio! I started with an Ace, and really enjoyed it. Easy detector to learn and get comfortable with, coupled with good performance. Literally turn it on, and start having fun!

I agree with some of the previous advice - it’s definitely worth it to get a quality digger specifically designed with detecting in mind. It can be tempting to pick up a garden trowel at a big box store for $5-$10, but they just won’t hold up and will end up costing more in the long run. Although pricier, you can’t go wrong with Lesche, Predator, or similar brands dedicated to quality MDing tools.

Back
Top Bottom