New England Beach Laws?

china-clipper

Does anybody know whether the beaches in Connecticut and Rhode Island have laws regarding above-the-high-tide-lines as far as using metal detectors? I know you can legally hunt up to the high tide line w/out any property owners preventing you from detecting. What about above the high-tide line? Has anybody run into beach/resort owners giving them sh*t about using detectors? I was thinking about beaches in front of hotels, cottages, and private beaches. Just thought I'd find out before I got there; I'd rather know up front.

There are no laws on the books for CT.. Although the locals try to keep you out of private beaches here and there and in Greenwich.. They don't allow you to hunt dry sand... It doesn't affect me anyway as I hunt only in water.

I don't know what the laws are here in RI. I mainly stick to public beach areas. If it legal to hunt private property or private beaches below the tide line, I don't want to push it. Even if it's legal, it;s not worth the hassle and the bad hobby press if some property owners don't like it. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom