Several Hunts Have Silver Count At 182

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for several hunts this last week and picked up 9 more Silver Coins. Number 181 was a War Nickel and was 1100th Silver coin of my career. On one of the hunts I actually dug 2 Buffalo's, neither has a date. Highlight of the week came today as I dug a Barber Dime. Also dug a ladies watch that I need to research a bit. Only markings say France and Caravelle. My Silver count now stands at 182 FTY. I have hope to pass 200 before the 4th of July. We will see. Was blessed with a couple of hunts with Air Force Mike this week and today with Dewsweeper and got to meet a new forum member Time Bandit 2 (Pete). Until the next time HH. Trapper

Attachments

• 6-18-18 .jpg
    6-18-18 .jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 544
  • 6-20-18 .jpg
    6-20-18 .jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 515
  • 6-22-18 .jpg
    6-22-18 .jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 511
  • 6-22-18 1 .jpg
    6-22-18 1 .jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 538
  • 6-23-18 .jpg
    6-23-18 .jpg
    121 KB · Views: 507
  • 6-23-18 1.jpg
    6-23-18 1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 504
  • 6-24-18 .jpg
    6-24-18 .jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 516
Wow, like that Barber. Cant believe you are at 182 already with no sign of slowing. Are the guys you hunt with finding as much as you or do you hunt alone most days? I'm jealous and I live nowhere near you, and I'm having my best year. Great job to you.

Wow, like that Barber. Cant believe you are at 182 already with no sign of slowing. Are the guys you hunt with finding as much as you or do you hunt alone most days? I'm jealous and I live nowhere near you, and I'm having my best year. Great job to you.
Thank you Jordan for the Reply. Getting to 182 took some effort along with a lot of research. I have in well over 400 hours of hunting time to get this far. The guys I hunt with are doing very well also, although they are working and I have an advantage being retired. I don't know their exact numbers but Air Force Mike I think is over 60. Dewsweeper is between 75 & 80 FTY
WOW, very impressive finds. Are you related to the Hunt Brothers and trying to corner the silver market again?
That is funny JAK and no. But hunting with the guys I do it feels like brothers as we all root for each other and enjoy the others success.
Another great hunt buddy. Congrats and I’m sure you’ll hit 200 by the 4th no problem. Nice barber too!
Thanks Jason, I look at the 200 level by the 4th as the half way for the year. Besides then I need time for the Garlic harvest.
Awesome! Great hits!
Appreciate the reply Jason, I'm really glad to see you out with Bruce and having a lot of success. Trapper

Last edited:
Another great week Trap . Congradulations on the war nickels and buffs .
Always fun to find them .
Had a good time Sunday and glad you squeezed out that barber .
As always your posts are full of eye candy .
HH buddy 👍
, Dew

Man you found some goodies there, nice work! Congrats! :)
Thank you Sweeper, I work has been pretty nicely rewarded.
Wow! Nice finds Trapper!
Thanks Tom, had some very good hunts this last week.
Excellent!
Appreciate your response Metal, Thank you.
Nice hunting Trapper, that Barber is a beauty!
Congrats on a fantastic year and impressive career totals!
Thanks Ron. The hobby has been fun. I guess we keep track of the score just so we can see if we are making progress at improving our skills. I hope I'm getting little better. Trapper

Very impressive my friend and as always a real treat hunting with you and the guys. Lori and I loved the curds and the brownies the other night as we sorted through silver on my coffee table and talked about the wonderful year you and myself are having. Mine a tad different with my weird nickel collection and the tribe but your starting to find your own and more to come I know this as fact. Congrats!!

Lets look at Sunday and hopefully something more promising...:laughing::laughing:

Congrats Trapper, your havin' a great year. Hope you hit 200 by the 4th. Around here silver seems to come slow this year, I would be happy to hit 20 by the 4th. Good luck and HH Mark

Another great week Trap . Congradulations on the war nickels and buffs .
Always fun to find them .
Had a good time Sunday and glad you squeezed out that barber .
As always your posts are full of eye candy .
HH buddy 👍
, Dew
I aim to please Brad, if I don't then I'm not against giving out some bribe items. Homemade curds or fruit roll ups, even put home ground garlic and real lye soap as things that have been known to get some results. Glad you brought Pete along yesterday. Pretty nice guy, think he could fit in with the rest of us.
Very impressive my friend and as always a real treat hunting with you and the guys. Lori and I loved the curds and the brownies the other night as we sorted through silver on my coffee table and talked about the wonderful year you and myself are having. Mine a tad different with my weird nickel collection and the tribe but your starting to find your own and more to come I know this as fact. Congrats!!

Lets look at Sunday and hopefully something more promising...:laughing::laughing:
You are having a fantastic year Mike and not just in the hobby. I think if you had the time that I do you would be well past my results. Thank you for the trail mix, we already put a big dent into the goodies.
Congrats Trapper, your havin' a great year. Hope you hit 200 by the 4th. Around here silver seems to come slow this year, I would be happy to hit 20 by the 4th. Good luck and HH Mark
Appreciate your response Mark. If I don't hit that mark it won't be from lack of effort on my part. Hope the shine becomes more available for you. Good luck.
That's some awesome hunting, Trapper - you're killing it. Congratulations on your success - I have no doubt you'll easily reach 200 by July 4th.
Thanks Scared. Having the time does make the counts rise a bit. I guess retirement does that for me. On my next hunt I will top 450 hours of hunting time for the year. That is already a lot more time than all of last year. Trapper

Good report, Sir! Legendary congratulations on surpassing 1100! Your detecting skills appear to be good as ever, and your photography skills are improving! :yes:

"May your numbers head north of your goals for the fourth"

I aim to please Brad, if I don't then I'm not against giving out some bribe items. Homemade curds or fruit roll ups, even put home ground garlic and real lye soap as things that have been known to get some results. Glad you brought Pete along yesterday. Pretty nice guy, think he could fit in with the rest of us.

Funny how you mentioned bribe items 😎.

You remember Manitowoc Nick? And Now Pete ?
My add I posted on the buy sell and trade thread paid off💰
20 bucks to hunt with the legend Trapper Jack 👍
Airforce Mike was another 20.00 and icing on the cake .

Schmitzplumming is playing hard ball and is only willing to pay 10 bucks so no guided hunt with the big dogs for him yet .

Seriously:
Just amaizing how many good genuine individuals share this hobbie .
I think it was good you and Pete were hunting close togeather for a bit there as Mike and I were around the corner out of site . Next time in a similar environment I will without question keep the flock A little tighter .

We covered a lot of ground Sunday . That place is a true test . Congrats again on your saves .
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom