Metal detecting with a guide in Charleston, SC!

Laurie Suz

My husband and I went to Charleston, SC to celebrate our anniversary and decided to metal detect one of those days. Found out about Addam's Relic Hunting Adventures and decided to try it. He took us to a recently plowed field that had history of a Union campsite, as well as colonial history. We found three civil war bullets, a melted bullet, civil war era pottery pieces. We also found several Colonial buttons, Colonial pottery pieces, small hand worked piece of silver thimble from Colonial era, and found the end pieces from Native American clay pipes. I also found my first Indian head penny (1900) and my first Buffalo nickel (no distinguishable date). It was an awesome hunt! We would definitely go again and plan on revisiting the area sometime in the future :)

Attachments

• a Civil War relics.jpg
    a Civil War relics.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,907
  • a Colonial Relics.jpg
    a Colonial Relics.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 1,686
  • a Buffalo Nickel back.jpg
    a Buffalo Nickel back.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 1,796
  • a Buffalo Nickel front.jpg
    a Buffalo Nickel front.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,603
  • a Indian head penny.jpg
    a Indian head penny.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 1,624
Wow, thanks for the info on that! We knew they came from fishing nets, but didn't realize they were used for bullets (whistlers). And yes, Adam's hunts are the best! We were thrilled to find civil war items and colonial at the same time!!

Thanks! It's an awesome IH, my oldest coin to date, although my husband beat me by 5 years on the IH from an earlier hunt we had done. I think mine looks better though :)

Do you mind my asking some questions about this service?

How many hours of a hunt did you pay for? Did they ask what sorts of things you were most interested in before choosing a location?

Thanks! Our family has a vacation house near Calabash, and Charleston is only 2 hours away so this could be a nice side adventure some time. I'd like to get my Dad into detecting. ;)

Abby - I sent him an email letting him know I was interested in civil war stuff. He mentioned a couple different places we could go and I said anything would be good, as long as it had some civil war history. I told him I wanted to hunt at least 2 hours. We ended up staying over 3 hours (there were others that he had lined up to go on the hunt, as well). He only charged us for 2 hours. There was a family there that had never metal detected before and they did well with 3-ringers and their son also found an eagle button. It was a great hunt!

Nice job! Would love a chance to tect in CW land! I see your in Ocala. My mother-in law lives there over at the Top of the World.

I know where that is. Does she metal detect? I'd love to have a female friend to detect with :) My husband only goes once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom